What We Can Offer
• Directs Coal Field Operators and coordinates with the Central Control Room Operator to ensure the continuous supply of coal to the generating plant, in a manner which will comply with environmental requirements, without compromising safety, plant availability and reliability.
• Directs the blending and testing of coal in coordination with the Chief Chemist, Central Control Room Operator and as directed by the Coal Handling Shift Supervisor.
• Plans and strategizes the efficient coal bunker feeding sequence and unloading, stacking-reclaiming route.
• Operates DCS/PLC controls and other systems that are required to control all applicable plant systems during normal plant operations, startup, shut down and emergency operations.
• Assist the Operations Shift Leader in the preparation of Permits to Work as required.
• Analyze plant operating problems and take necessary steps to restore plant to normal operation or take recommended solutions to the Operations Shift Leader as appropriate.
• Writes routine daily entries in the control room log.
• Provides on the job training for Coal Handling Field Operators and participate in scheduled safety meetings and training.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Coal Handling Shift Supervisor.
• At least 2 years of experience working as a control room operator at a coal power station and at least 5 years gas/oil or power production experience.
• Advanced level communication skills in the English language (written and verbal) required.