VietnamWorks platform may contain links to other websites that are beyond our control. Navigos Group Vietnam Joint Stock Company, the owner and operator of the VietnamWorks platform, is not responsible for the privacy policies or their implementation on other websites that you may connect to from the VietnamWorks platform. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of those external websites to understand how they collect.
Which personal data is collected from you
The VietnamWorks platform, within the appropriate scope to provide services to you and depending on your voluntary provision, will collect personal data in various ways from different sections on its platform. This includes the following information:
1. Last name, middle name, and first name (if applicable);
2. Date of birth (day, month, year);
4. Residence information (including permanent address, temporary address, current address, hometown, contact address);
6. Personal photos;
7. Phone number, national identification number, personal identification number, passport number;
8. Marital status;
9. Information about family relationships (parents, children);
10. Email address;
11. Educational and employment history (including reference documents);
12. Payment information, such as bank account number, credit card number, and any other payment details;
13. Account information, such as user ID and password, your account usage history, detailed information about products or services you have purchased or obtained on the VietnamWorks platform;
14. Technical information and web data such as Internet Protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, types and versions of browser plug-ins, operating system and platform, international mobile device version, device identifier, how you use and view any content on the VietnamWorks platform, and other information and technologies on the devices you use to access this platform;
15. Any other data or information that you voluntarily provide through our platform during your use of the services;
And some sensitive personal data includes:
16. Your voice through recorded phone calls (if applicable);
17. Health-related information in health examination reports, information in judicial background reports that you provide (if applicable);
18. Information about your income (if applicable); and
19. Information about your ethnicity, religion, and political affiliation (if applicable).
If you provide us with any personal data from any third party, you represent and warrant that you have obtained the necessary consent, licenses, and permissions from that third party to share and transfer their personal data to us, and for us to collect, store, use, disclose, and/or process that data in accordance with this Policy. You must provide us with legally valid documentation to demonstrate that you have obtained the necessary consent and permissions.
Purpose of Collection, Use, and Disclosure
Depending on your relationship with us, the personal data we collect from you may be collected, used, and disclosed for the following purposes (not exhaustive):
1. To verify your identity and manage the online account that you may have set up with us;
2. To provide services to you, specifically related to job search opportunities and recruitment activities. We may publicly display your personal data on the VietnamWorks platform based on your decision, as well as transfer your personal data to third parties, such as potential employers who may be employers or fellow job seekers in the future;
3. To process the orders you submit through the VietnamWorks platform (including any payments you make through the VietnamWorks platform for products, whether sold by us or any of our branches);
4. To verify and process online financial transactions related to payments, and to establish your identity for anti-money laundering, reporting suspicious transactions, and fraud detection purposes;
5. To contact you in order to process and respond to your inquiries, feedback, complaints, or disputes, whether directly or through any outsourced customer service providers;
6. To inform you about products and services offered by the VietnamWorks platform or partner companies, or to seek your feedback on current products and services or potential new products and services;
7. To send you advertising/promotional materials from any of our branches, whether directly or through any advertising partners and strategies we have;
8. To improve the VietnamWorks platform; to enhance the services and products being offered;
9. To conduct market research on demographics, preferences, and advertising or purchasing behaviors, as well as other user behaviors;
10. To provide you with information that we believe may be useful to you or that you have requested from us, including information about our products and services or those of our branches, as long as you do not express objection when contacted for such purposes;
11. To comply with court orders or other legal procedures, or any legal requirements and/or regulations of any government and/or regulatory authority; and
12. Any purpose described to you at the time of collecting your personal data.
(Collectively referred to as "The Purposes")
What are cookies and how are they used
(1) Identifying and labeling all "new" jobs since your last visit to the website;
(2) Saving your access credentials (username and password) on your computer upon request or permanently, so that you don't have to re-enter them each time you visit our website;
(3) Allowing you to "bookmark" jobs that you want to save and view later.
The advertising networks of companies that post jobs on the VietnamWorks platform may also use their own cookies.
The VietnamWorks platform may also collect and potentially aggregate information about your usage of the VietnamWorks platform, such as the areas you visit and the services you access. Additionally, the VietnamWorks platform may collect information about the hardware and software on your computer. This information may include, but is not limited to, your IP address, browser type, domain names, the pages you access, and website addresses referred to.
How your data is processed:
Your data will be stored and processed either in its entirety or in parts in Vietnam. If you access the VietnamWorks platform from a location outside of Vietnam, your usage is understood as your consent to transfer your data outside of that country/territory and send it to Vietnam. Your information and/or personal data may be transferred, stored, or processed outside of your country for one or more purposes. VietnamWorks will only transfer your personal data overseas in compliance with applicable laws and regulations regarding personal data protection.
By providing your information, you agree that VietnamWorks Website, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, and members of the Navigos Group may use your information in accordance with the purposes mentioned above and applicable legal regulations.
We may also use your contact information to send you emails or other notifications about updates on the VietnamWorks platform. The content and frequency of these notifications may vary depending on the information we have about you. You have the right to choose to receive information, notifications, and promotional programs, including but not limited to free newsletters from the VietnamWorks platform, related to topics that you may be particularly interested in.
When you choose to share and publicly display personal data on the VietnamWorks recruitment website, it means that you are consenting to and authorizing VietnamWorks to share that information on the VietnamWorks platform, unless otherwise specifically notified. However, certain activities inherent to these platforms may result in personal information being shared by you and collected by other users of the VietnamWorks platform, such as employers. In such cases, agreements regarding the collection of personal data between you and the third-party collecting the information will be required, and VietnamWorks, acting as an intermediary platform, will not provide any guarantees and will not assume any responsibility on behalf of either party.
Who your data can be shared with
We do not disclose your personal information, as well as combined personal and demographic information, or information about your usage of the VietnamWorks platform (such as the areas you visit or the services you access) to third parties, except in the following cases.
1. We may disclose such information to third parties if you consent to it. For example, if you indicate that you would like to receive information about job opportunities or products and services from a third party when registering an account on the VietnamWorks platform, we may provide your contact information to that third party, such as sending job seeker data to employers, data collectors, or others for the purpose of emailing or contacting you in other ways. We may use existing data about you (such as interests or preferences you have provided) to determine whether you may be interested in specific products or services from a particular third party.
2. We may disclose such information to companies and individuals that we hire to perform functions on our behalf. For example, hosting web servers, data analytics, providing marketing assistance, processing credit cards or other forms of payment, and customer service. These companies and individuals will have access to your personal information as necessary to perform their functions but will not share that information with any other third party.
3. We may disclose such information if required by law, or from a government agency, or if we believe that such action is necessary to: (a) comply with legal requirements or legal process; (b) protect the rights or property of VietnamWorks or our partner companies; (c) prevent crime or protect national security; or (d) protect the personal safety of users or the public.
4. We may disclose and transfer such information to a third party in the event of a full or partial acquisition, merger, or purchase of the entire or a significant part of VietnamWorks' business, through linking, merging, or acquiring our assets. Additionally, in the event that VietnamWorks becomes the subject of a bankruptcy proceeding, whether voluntary or involuntary, VietnamWorks or the appointed trustee may sell, permit, or disclose such information in other ways as agreed upon by the bankruptcy court.
5. We may use your company name, name, logo, or other information from your job advertisements or candidate profile views for any or all marketing purposes of Navigos Group (or VietnamWorks Platform). For example, company names or logos may be used in advertisements in newspapers, direct mailings, sales materials, advertising posters, and other materials related to the VietnamWorks Platform or other assets of VietnamWorks.
VietnamWorks may also share anonymized information about visitors to its websites (e.g., the number of visitors to the "Find Jobs" section of the VietnamWorks Platform) with customers, partners, and other third parties to help them understand the types of visitors to the VietnamWorks Platform and how they use the site.
VietnamWorks may provide technology, web hosting, and other related services to other leading companies to establish recruitment sections on websites that are not owned by VietnamWorks (sometimes referred to as "recruitment areas"). The personal information you provide in these recruitment areas becomes part of the VietnamWorks Platform's database, but no one can access it except for you, VietnamWorks, and the relevant company without your consent.
The information collected on pages within the recruitment areas or on co-branded pages (such as a page for a contest sponsored by the VietnamWorks Platform and another company) may become the property of that company or both VietnamWorks and that company. In this example, the use of such information by the other company may be subject to the agreement between you and that company, and in any case, VietnamWorks is not responsible for how that company uses your personal data.
If you choose not to register or provide personal information, you may not be able to use a significant portion of the VietnamWorks Platform.
You also have choices regarding cookies. By changing your browser preferences, you can choose to accept all cookies, be notified when a cookie is set, or reject all cookies. If you choose to reject all cookies, you may not be able to use VietnamWorks Platform services that require registration. These services include identifying newly posted jobs since your last visit, automatic login, and the saved jobs feature. However, you can still use most features of the VietnamWorks platform even if you do not accept cookies.
How to access, update, and delete your information
You can access, update, and delete your information through the provided tools to ensure that your personal information is accurate and up-to-date. You can modify or delete your profile at any time by clicking on the "My Profile" link or accessing the image provided by the system when you log in. When logged into the system for a certain period of time, regardless of where you are on the VietnamWorks job platform, your information will be retained until you click on the "Logoff" link, which is accessible from the "My Profile" screen.
If you are a registered user and have forgotten your password, you can retrieve it by sending an email and using the "Forgot Password" feature. Click on the button on any login page to request your password to be sent to you. We cannot provide your password through any other means.
Your VietnamWorks account can be deleted, but doing so will result in the inability to access any features that require logging in. We will either keep or may maintain a backup copy of your account depending on the request.
Risks and Safety Measures
It is important to always be aware that whenever you voluntarily disclose and publicly share your personal information on the internet, that information may be collected and used by others for purposes beyond your control and ours.
In addition to the administrators of VietnamWorks platform or other authorized individuals of VietnamWorks, you are the only person who has access to your personal information. Your registration is protected by a password to prevent unauthorized access.
Finally, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and/or any account information. Therefore, please be cautious and responsible for your activities on the internet. We recommend that you do not disclose your password to anyone. VietnamWorks platform will never ask for your password via phone or voluntary email. To ensure security, you may want to log out of the network after using VietnamWorks platform. This ensures that others cannot access your personal information and emails if you share a computer with someone else or use a computer in a public place such as a library or internet café.
Unfortunately, no data transmitted over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Therefore, while we make every effort to protect your personal information in accordance with the law by implementing all necessary technical and legal measures, VietnamWorks platform cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or from our online services, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive the information you have sent, we will make every effort to ensure its security on our system.
How VietnamWorks protects the privacy of children.
The age of the user is a mandatory information that you must provide to us. Children will need to seek permission from their parents or legal guardians before submitting personal information online to anyone. VietnamWorks platform does not collect and share personal information about users under the age of 13 with third parties. Additionally, VietnamWorks platform will not send any direct emails requesting users under the age of 13 to disclose their age.
You can withdraw your consent at any time regarding the continued use, disclosure, storage, and/or processing of your personal data for any of the purposes mentioned above by contacting us. We will respond to your request as soon as possible to confirm your withdrawal of consent.
Please note that if you withdraw your consent for us to use, disclose, store, or process your personal data for the purposes mentioned above, we may not be able to continue providing services to you or fulfill any contractual obligations with you, and we will not be held responsible in the event that we cease providing services or fulfilling our contractual obligations. In such a case, our legal rights and remedies will still be expressly reserved.
Address: 20th Floor, E.Town Central Building, 11 Doan Van Bo Street, Ward 13, District 4, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Phone: (84 28) 3925 5000