What We Can Offer
• Supervise multi-shift production.
• Plan and achieve productivity, quality, safety and cost targets.
• Coordinate scheduling of prototypes with Production Control, Design and Manufacturing Engineering.
• Evaluate personnel requirements based on business and employee needs.
• Recommend equipment, tooling, and processes to support business objectives.
• Support prototyping activities of Design Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, and Production Control.
• Evaluate training requirements and request necessary training.
• Conduct monthly departmental meetings.
• Enforce safety regulations and all company policies.
• Report any equipment that is not in safe operating condition and remove it from use.
• Maintain a good standard of housekeeping.
• Strive to continually improve the function and operation of the department.
• Plan and schedule departmental personnel, equipment, and materials to meet defined quality, delivery, and cost standards.
• Train and instruct employees in the performance of their work, assigned jobs, and familiarize employees concerning company and departmental policies and procedures.
• Review production processes and recommend improvements to existing production standards and equipment to include investigating “State-of-the-Art” equipment that could reduce production cost.
• Responsible for contacting Engineering and Inspection regarding whether to run or not to run jobs.
• Responsible to adhere to and maintain the production schedule.
• Adheres to quality and safety systems or maintenance of quality and safety standards.
• Perform other related duties as required.
. Understand operations excellent and how to achieve/deploy resources effectively
• Ability to read and follow blueprints.
• Good problem solving, decision-making, time-management and organizational skills.
• Knowledge of personal computer software and equipment.
• Basic computer and math skills.
• Ability to recognize types of materials.
• Basic written and oral communication skills.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related business or technical field or equivalent education and experience.
• 2+ years Stamping or mechanical part manufacturing experience
• Be able to communicate at English.
• Evidence of Continued Education and Training.
• At least 5 years of previous supervisory experience required.
• 6 sigma and Lean experience is an advance