What We Can Offer
To support World Vision Vietnam (WVV) in implementing effective assessment, design, monitoring and evaluation events and strengthen WVV’s Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) system across all programs, including Technical Programs, Area Programs (APs); and Special Funded Projects (SPs); strengthen DPA application in APs/APs in order to promote community ownership. The position involves significant reflection and learning as a process of quality improvement of M&E systems across WVV’s entire programs and in the approaches used to measure WVV’s effectiveness.
The PE Specialist assists the Manager of Programme Effectiveness Unit and subsequently Program Quality and Resource Development Director in building up the capacity of Zonal Program Effectiveness Officers, and relevant staff in effective M&E skills including the implementation of CWBOs.
The PE Specialist supports the Manager of assigned Technical Program in contextualizing DME tools, measuring indicators and monitoring the progress toward achieving TP goals and outcomes.
The PE Specialist supports the APs and projects in their assigned zone and all other APs whenever requested to meet minimum standards of DME for community development, and to promote higher quality sustainable programming.
To coordinate WVV departments, APs, projects to achieve the Horizon 3.0 Implementation Plan and assist APs and Projects in using Horizon 3.0 in managing effectively the AP/project information.
Role Dimension/ Description:
- DME technical support (40%):
The quality of program and project Assessment, Design and Evaluation is consistently improved through active involvement in key DME event in the annual calendar.
- Assigned technical programs and projects are assisted in developing
iCWBOs/CWB targets (20%):
WVI’s Indicators for Child Well-being Outcomes (CWBOs) and CWB targets are implemented for maximum relevance and utility in the Vietnam and AP context in consultation with PEU Manager.
- DME Capacity Building (20%): AP teams are supported to build DME capacity for project staff, local partners.
- Coordination (20%): Coordination with other PEU team members and departments.
- Bachelor degree in Community Development, Business Administration, Information Management, Public Health and/or related fields.
- Master degree is preferred
Knowledge & Skills: Have sound knowledge in developmental approach, M & E and management of information systems.
- Understanding of NGOs and research field.
- Have good skills in training and capacity building.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills
- Have excellent communications skills in verbal and written English and Vietnamese
- Experience of working with NGOs.
- At least 5 year experience on M&E and Information Management System
- Work with a minimum of supervision (the direct supervisor is based in National Office)
- Extensive travelling