What We Can Offer
• Ensure implementation and enforcement of global purchasing processes and procedures are proliferated across local site.
• Provide support to commodity management program in the region.
• Lead continuous improvement initiative to improve the productivity and efficiency of the team.
• From time to time, organize purchasing cost improvement programs as directed
• Manage DNM Purchasing Team to support First Solar manufacturing facility in providing right material costs, control price/cost variances and stock-outs are minimized while optimizing inventory turns.
• Manage the team to ensure implementation and enforcement of purchasing policies and practices are proliferated across the site to meet First Solar standards and required statutory stands.
• Lead the team of buyers to take charge and engage in transformation journey of the organization to achieve operational excellence.
• Accountable to ensure the team work towards meeting all the departmental and company objectives/goals at all times and strive to enhance the team’s capabilities and performance while focusing on improving operation efficiency:
• Down time of the manufacturing process at First Solar due to run-out of materials is minimized.
• Supplier relationships are maintained and improved with excellent communication.
• Product cost and cash flow are positively impacted.
• Service level commitment to stakeholders are met, i.e. RFQ and PR to PO turnaround time meeting SLA.
• Provide guidance and support to site purchasing team to manage the primary relationships between First Solar and its suppliers.
• Ensures the team expedites or push out the deliveries according to changes in production in a timely manner.
• SOX control owner and department internal auditee for purchasing compliance.
• Responsible for the development and performance of a team of Buyers.
• Provide guidance and support to regional commodity team in sourcing and vendor management
• Strong knowledge in business requirement for EPE status Company in Vietnam is preferred.
• Has thorough knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the Purchasing field. SAP and Ariba or other e-bidding tools proficiency is added advantage.
• Experience with continuous improvement methodologies is preferred but not required.
• Degree in any related fields or equivalent.
• Good people management skill.
• Good analytical thinking and problem solving skills.
• Good supplier management skill.
• Business fluency in English and Vietnamese