What We Can Offer
Summarise in one statement why your job exists; and how it contributes to the overall mission/objective of the organisation.
The Retail Sales Executive is responsible for the retail sales towards achievement of company sales objectives within the country. The role is accountable for developing new business opportunities from the corporate segments to achieve the sales targets, through relationship development and management with key customers and business partners.
• To have sound commercial sense, business acumen and strong sales funnel management capabilities, able to prospect new business opportunities effectively.
• To work very closely with Product Marketing team to ensure all the product management and sales activities are perfectly in synchronization with each other at all times.
• Ability to formulate, plan & implement creative sales strategies to create demand, opportunities, maximizes market penetration and accelerates sales growth development.
• To explore and identify opportunities to drive continuous improvement in sales and actively promote company’s products and image to the related customers market coverage.
• Ability to perform sales forecasting and customer relationship management.
• To arrange product demonstrations and benchmark tests for major account customers.
• To conduct market research on competitor’s performance/activity and pricing.
• To participate in adhoc projects or assignments as directed by the Direct Manager
2. CRITICAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
List the responsibilities (Key Result Areas and the major activities) that must be achieved in order that the job purpose is fulfilled. For each KRA, document the performance measure(s) (i.e., outcomes) which indicate successful accomplishment of that KRA.
* Monitoring and tracking of individual sales team activities
• Monitor sales activities report submitted on a weekly basis
• Feedback to individual sales staff on direction taken by them
• Build effective customer relationship management
* Planning of yearly sales activities and strategies
• Plan sales strategies and activities to drive sales target
• Identify the right strategy to drive business activities
* Identification of key business opportunities in the retail sales industry
• Identify buying and spending trends of large corporate & government customers to accurately forecast business revenue
• Identify budget plan for delivery of services to corporate & government customers
* Channel partner development & management
• Implement and keep track marketing and rebate programs to motivate channel partners & achieve business objectives.
• Work closely with dormant resellers/master dealers/modern trade/online channel to reactivate.
• Identify potential reseller needs and interests
• Analyse channel partners’ sales and industry trends and make appropriate recommendations on strategies to improve/enhance sales.
• Work with product managers to manage channel partners’ price discount or sales promotion support requests.
• Active engagement of top 20% resellers/master dealers/modern trade/online channel to increase depth of sales.
* Delivery of sales reports
• Update record of each Sales Staff’s sales activities reports and progress
• Update record of all Retail Sales main clients and sales development activities with Dealers/SI
* Planning and implementing the overall Distribution Channel Strategy
• Monitor the implementation of the distribution channel strategy, considering the following factors to drive growth
+ Epson’s Overall Product Portfolio
+ Strategic importance and priorities of certain product categories
+ Epson’s business model
+ Competitor’s situation
+ Epson’s available resources (includes staff headcount)
• Report to management on the implementation of the distribution strategy
* Managing the distribution of channel Stock/ Sell Out/Through
• Collaborate with the Product Marketing Team to ensure the monitoring of the stock is well kept track and sold through
• Monitor ongoing changes in the Distribution Channel (e.g. Channel throughput evolution, plan and implement Epson’s distribution strategy)
• Monitor, monitor and keep track of channel stock and sell-through (2nd/3rd Tier Reseller)
• Monitor the financial and operational aspects of the channel on a regular basis e.g. credit worthiness, inventory level
3. MAJOR CHALLENGES
Describe the major challenges you face in carrying out your job, and what you do in order to overcome them.
• Consistent motivation, training and guidance required to be provided to all sales staff to achieve their predefined targets
+ Establish open lines of communication with the sales staff
4. KEY DECISIONS/DIMENSIONS
a. Describe 1 or 2 typical decisions you have to make, in the course of your job.
• Positioning Epson’s products ahead of the competitors by providing recommendations to the retail sales programme on value-added services which Epson can deliver
b. List the data which will reflect the scope and scale of activities concerning your job. (These should be quantifiable numerical amounts)
• Sales target achievement
• Number of projects and sales
* State the minimum acceptable proficiency for this job. Do not state incumbent-specific information
• Bachelor’s Degree/ Diploma in Business Administration or a related field (e.g. Sales, Marketing)
• Minimum 3-5 years of experience in Sales, especially in the IT industry
• Experience and strong knowledge in using and communicating about scanners, printers, digital imaging equipment and software
PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS & BEHAVIOURS
• Self-motivated and independent, with a strong ownership for responsibilities
• Results-oriented, with an awareness of industry trends, market, and competitors’ activity
• Honest, discreet and with a high level of integrity
• Influential personality with strong problem solving and negotiating skills
• Strong business relationship management skills
• Fluent in English (verbal and written)