What We Can Offer
Energy is central to a series of future challenges. Everywhere in the world, Total Energies's employees are helping to make energy better.
You have the opportunity to join Total Energies Renewables to take up the challenge of solar energy within the group Total Energies and to contribute to our objective of becoming leader in responsible energy produced, distributed and consumed on a global scale. We are looking for talented, committed people to join our human and collective endeavor in which the corporate culture and each person's experience and creativity come together to make our group successful and build a responsible energy future.
In an industry that is reshaping the world’s energy future, there’s no better place to be than Total Energies Renewables!
Total Energies is within the top 5 largest worldwide Energy companies and has taken strong actions to have 20% of its revenue in 2035 coming from low carbon activities.
We have invested strongly since 2011 in the renewable field and own amongst other companies Sunpower, which has deployed more than USD 10 billion of solar globally - making us one of the world’s top players.
The business model involves developing, constructing, financing and operating solar systems on the roofs of multi-national corporations and national leaders. The customers pay for the power over 25 years while Total Energies Renewables handles all investment, construction and operation
The primary function of this role is to accelerate the growth of sales:
• understand the competitive landscape and anticipate market trends
• define and execute appropriate sales strategies;
• develop accurate segmentation and targeting of the market including identification of customer and market opportunities, establishing balance of long-term pipeline and short-term revenue;
• cooperate with business development, marketing, technical, ad operations to maximize sales and profitability;
• build and lead sales team across the region;
• develop professional network to ensure Total Energies Renewables is being recommended and introduced to strategic opportunities; structure and Industrialize the process around identifying and serving customers’ needs to match Total Energies Renewables corporate strategy;
• understand and effectively communicate the company's value proposition, EHS policy, technical processes and current partnerships;
• generate and submit RFPs and related sales documents, collaborating with senior management to set revenue goals and company strategy and implementing a sales plan to drive revenue growth Attend key events to generate leads. analyse the market to identify attractive customers;
• identify effective ways to connect directly with customers at the factory level and senior management (C-level) and build long-term relationships;
• coordinate with technical teams internally and externally;
negotiate with the team high-value contracts and help bring them to a close;
• sell the Commercial & Industrial (C&I) business, including but not limited to marketing, business development, sales and service;
• be flexible and proactive to deal with complex situations and achieve sales targets
Context and Environment
South-East Asian electricity markets are developing quickly, the regulation is constantly changing and it necessary to stay always "one step ahead" of the field to anticipate the new regulatory and legal framework and anticipate how it might inpact the C&I rooftop solar business and what new opportunities might arise.
The perfomance of the role will be assessed on a number of KPI specific to the business and the sales process, including but not limited to number of MW signed (vs potential available market), profitability of signed contracts, creditworthiness of off-takers, visibility and relevance of off-takers.
Other KPIs are tied to selecting, hiring, mentoring with the objective of retaining a sales team capable of achieving the sales results independently within a timeframe of 2-3 years
• Experience in Energy / Industry is a strong plus
• Excellent communication skills and negotiation skills
• Customer-oriented: ""hunter not gatherer"", capable of always finding new customers
• Good presentation skills with ability to simplify and communicate complex business finance topics
• Excellent analytical / organizational / planning skills
• Dynamic personality with ability to manage internal and external issues
• Excellent knowledge of IT tools and Microsoft Office.
• Proficient knowledge of CRM tools (Salesforce, LinkedIn Sales Navigator)
• Ability to demonstrate initiatives
• Strong knowledge in finance
• Excellent level in English, knowledge of French is a plus