What We Can Offer
Sales Engineer – Vietnam
Reporting to: Head of Sales, Australia and Vietnam (Melbourne Office)
Terabase is a leading California-based solar technology company, pioneering industry change, with a mission statement to see solar delivered at $0.01/kWh by 2025. Headed up by solar veterans from across the renewable energy industry, the company is expanding internationally.
Terabase operates a number of different business lines, servicing developers with cutting edge digital design tools for solar PV, providing consulting and engineering services, and selling top tier components to EPCs and project owners. Terabase has a strong track record in Vietnam and we are expanding our team with a local Sales Engineer, to be based in Hanoi.
The Sales Engineer will report to the Head of Sales, Australia and Vietnam, who is based in Australia. While the successful applicant will be supported by Engineering teams in both the Philippines and the US, the candidate must be self-motivated and self-sufficient, and willing to work remotely across different time zones. This important role will strengthen our existing relationships by having someone in Vietnam who is experienced at handling technical and commercial questions relating to solar PV products, engineering and supply chain.
- You will be able to take the lead from a technical and operational standpoint in customer meetings as the local representative
- The main product areas of focus which require technical support will be PV modules, SCADA systems, and single axis trackers
- Handle technical customer meetings but also be capable and willing to prospect new customers, demonstrate our products, as well as help negotiate and close sales contracts.
- Run product comparisons to support product sales
- Attend site visits (when safe to do so), point out technical advantages of the products, and be the first in-country responder for troubleshooting, and post-sales support
- Up to 40% travel, mainly within Vietnam, but occasional travel may include the wider SEA region and global offices in Melbourne, Australia and California
- Prior experience at a solar PV EPC company, solar PV or tracker equipment manufacturer, solar PV engineering or consulting company, or installation contractor
- Technical Sales experience in the renewable energy sector is a must
- Languages: strong written and verbal communication in English and native Vietnamese
- Customer-oriented mindset: understanding customer concerns, solving problems and bringing enthusiasm and initiative to the team
- Project management and project coordination experience
- Strong presentation, communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent MS Office competency, especially in Word, Powerpoint and Excel
- Able to work remotely and as part of a distributed team
- 5+ years of total work experience
- BA or BS degree, Engineering, or close technical equivalent
- Coursework in renewables, energy, finance, English/writing, engineering
- Solar energy performance estimation with PVsyst