What We Can Offer
• The Transformation Office is responsible for execution of the bank’s transformation vision, strategy and roadmap of deliverables with a focus on digitalization of customer journeys.
• The Transformation Office executes a portfolio of initiatives pre-dominantly through Agile Development (with some foundational initiatives aligned to the Waterfall project management methodology).
• The Transformation Office houses expertise to support the execution of a portfolio of initiatives related to market segmentation, customer journeys, technology, data, risk management, change management, digital partnerships and capability development, a project management office amongst others.
• The Transformation Office tracks and measures the progress of execution using modern portfolio management techniques (such as OKRs and TTIs) to ensure value is created for customers and the Bank.
• The Technology Tribe will support the business by building solutions required to deliver on the bank's digital strategy.
• The Technology Tribe will advise and design solutions based on requirements from and feasibilities of other tribes, develop solutions based on the architecture blueprint while ensuring quality assurance throughout the development and execution of solutions.
• The Technology Tribe will be equipped with forefront programming skills and knowledge of digital technologies so as to be able to provide innovative design solutions and advice on improvements needed to meet business needs.
• The job holder is responsible for maintaining the server-side developments of web applications by leading teams to develop and maintaining functional and stable web applications to meet customer needs.
• The job holder will collaborate closely with other developers to ensure backend system quality and consistency to support functionality of applications.
• Reports to Delivery Lead
• Direct reports are none
• Internal stakeholders include teams within the Transformation Office and relevant departments in the Bank
• External stakeholders include partners providing professional services
A. Software Development
• Drive and deliver top quality Python, PHP, NodeJS, Java or Ruby backend code across a broad array of interactive web projects.
• Own a digital platform’s backend code and the architecture of the user experience, bringing into life functionalities proposed by designers from development to delivery.
• Collaborate with Front End Developers to integrate user-facing elements with server-side logic and other applications APIs.
• Ensure that all materials produced have a high degree of quality, accuracy, timeliness and complies with accessibility standards.
• Maintain consistent solution architecture to backend solutions to easily integrate with future products.
• Actively test and debug programs to ensure stability and accuracy.
• Develop and maintain back end code that improves analytical and statistical modeling and forecasting methods to support business tribes in their decision making process.
B. Software Documentation
• Guide tribe and squad members on translating business requirements into technical design documents.
• Actively review and drive discussions with squad members on functional requirement documents for building and improving TCB’s digital products.
• 6 to 7 years of relevant working experience in backend web development
• Experience in backend web development using scripting languages/frameworks (Python, PHP, NodeJS, Java or Ruby)
• Deep experience working with relational DBMS and SQL
• Experience working in a source-controlled environment such as GIT or TFVC
• Experience in full development life cycle from requirements analysis through coding and release
• Deep experience developing, testing, documenting and releasing mission-critical software
• Solid understanding of API design and implementation
Agile / Digital Experience
• Experience in Agile Software Development with a strong understanding of Agile principles, practices and Scrum methodologies.
• Experience working in Agile teams to support digital transformation projects.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, software engineering or information technology
• Passionate about technology and excited about the impact of emerging / disruptive technologies
• Ownership mindset with a focus on getting things fixed, not simply discovered
• A self-starter who thrives in an environment that fosters entrepreneurial thinking and innovation
• Believes in the non-hierarchical culture of collaboration, transparency and trust across the team