Các Phúc Lợi Dành Cho Bạn
Mô Tả Công Việc
World Vision (WV) is a Christian relief and development organisation working to create lasting change in the lives of children, families and communities living in poverty. WV serves all people regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender. As a child-focused organization, WV’s work focuses on children, ensuring they are protected and their basic needs are met. WV Vietnam has a total income of USD 18M (FY18) with funding from 13 support countries in Europe, Asia, the Americas and Australia. WVV employs over 430 staff, of which 99% are Vietnamese nationals.
As of FY19, WV Vietnam is implementing 39 Area Programs (APs). Each AP is a 10-15-year community development program that is an integrated approach to community development, emphasizing the process of community participation, ownership and sustainability, while addressing the macro and micro causes of poverty. WV Vietnam’s APs focus within one administrative district of a province, which is usually populated by ethnic minority people with very high rates of poverty.
In order to bring visibility to WV Vietnam’s work on the ground, WV Vietnam owns several external communications channels including website and social media pages . The Senior Communications and Public Engagement Officer will re-purpose available contents and/or produce fit-for-purpose contents to strengthen WV Vietnam’s digital presence across all existing channels, and thus drive public attention and support to WV Vietnam’s work. If and when the need arises, the Senior Communications and Public Engagement Officer shall conduct adequate assessments and develop a viable strategy to expand WV Vietnam’s presence to new social media platforms needed to amplify the impact of WV Vietnam’s intervention. A strong digital presence will also contribute to positioning WV Vietnam for advocacy work and future fundraising efforts.
The Senior Communications and Public Engagement Officer will also take the lead role in developing key organizational publications and communication products including, but not limited to, annual report, country fact sheet, capacity statements, and promotional/impact/success videos. The Senior Communications & Public Engagement Officer must be able to collaborate well with other functions to ensure the accuracy and relevance of the abovementioned deliverables.
The Senior Communications and Public Engagement Officer will co-lead all public engagement initiatives along with the Child Protection function for the “It takes a world” campaign.
Each Support office has their own unique resource requirements and uses for stories of children and communities. These resources are used for a variety of purposes such as marketing and advocacy campaigns, media relations, donor and supporter communications, and online engagement. The Senior Communications and Public Engagement Officer will participate in creating and, at times, pitching contents to Support Offices to position World Vision Vietnam well for funding. From time to time, the Senior Communications and Public Engagement Officer will provide support to other Communications team members in emergency communication, C4D training for children, internal communications, and donor visits as per the request.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
To raise awareness of and support for World Vision’s work in Vietnam, by undertaking these core functions:
Formulate and implement content plan and public engagement plan for WV Vietnam’s website and all existing social media platforms to increase WV Vietnam’s visibility and achieve the desirable awareness/support from the target audiences. When needed, liaise with communications team of other agencies in conducting joint events to draw public attention to child-related issues and call for actions from concerned stakeholders.
Organizational materials development
Play lead role in developing materials that accommodate grants and advocacy functions with needed resources, including annual report, country profile, program briefings, policy briefs, fact sheets, and capacity statements along with other written and video resources when needed. Give technical guidance and input to all communication products developed by other functions to ensure compliance to WV’s brand guidelines and consistency in messaging.
Write compelling feature length child-focused stories from communities where WV Vietnam is working to fulfill requests from within the Partnership. Proactively identify stories and key issues for pitching to WV’s various stakeholders and internal platforms (such as StoryHub, KissFlow, The Beacon, Ignite). Ensure safeguarding standards are understood and followed by all involved in the content creation process. Build WV Vietnam’s digital media library in order to support public engagement activities.
Play a co-lead role alongside Child Protection under the “It takes a world” campaign to design and implement appropriate engagement activities for the target groups to maximize advocacy impact. Partner with other technical functions in all other advocacy-related initiatives.
Support the Senior Executive Communications and Media Relations Officer in producing contents needed for internal communication events and channel.
Support the Senior Executive Communications and Media Relations Officer in coordinating with the affected APs/projects to develop HEA-related contents as requested by Support Offices and donors.
1. Public Engagement
- All existing online platforms are well administered, increase in viewership, reinforce WV Vietnam’s brand and visibility, and contribute to advocacy goals
- Online and offline initiatives are developed in collaboration with relevant functions/stakeholders to achieve the desirable awareness and support from the target audience.
2. Organizational Materials
- Informative and well-designed materials are produced and used for WV Vietnam’s engagement with government, donors, partners, communities and media.
- Alignment to all WV Policies and Guidelines is ensured.
3. Content creation
- Compelling and inspiring child-focused stories are written as testimonies of WV Vietnam’s work and impacts in country, which in turn solidifies Support Office’s and sponsors’ confidence in WV Vietnam’s use of their resources.
- Created contents are published on appropriate internal and external channels to promote WV Vietnam’s intervention and impact.
4. Advocacy Communications
- Creative public engagement activities are initiated to promote WV Vietnam’s advocacy campaigns (including “It takes a world” campaign) and inspire positive behavioral change within the target communities as well as the society.
- Communications resources are developed and smartly packaged for national advocacy events, regional initiatives and/or global movements.
5. Internal communications
- Needed contents are produced for internal communications events and channel.
6. Emergency communications
- Contents about WV Vietnam’s emergency response are timely and sufficiently produced as per the Partnership’s protocols.
Yêu Cầu Công Việc
- Master’s degree
- Degree in public relations, journalism, communication or equivalent.
2. Knowledge & Skills
- Fluent in oral communications and written skills in both Vietnamese and English.
- Ability to work independently as well as an active team player.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interact effectively with a wide range of internal and external contacts.
- Familiarity with or knowledge about development in rural context
- Strong understanding on development work in Vietnam.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Strong writing, editing, proofreading, layout and design, professional printing/publishing skills are essential, including ability to present concepts verbally.
- Self-motivated with a positive and professional approach to management
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude
- Ability to give leadership to staff in department
- Strong knowledge on the usage of design software.
- At least three years of experience in communications or media-related field
- Experience working in development context, a fast paced, multi-cultural working environment.
- Worked in complex multi-tasked situations.
- First-hand experience of managing media relations successfully, including in challenging circumstances.
Our contact details are:
World Vision International - Vietnam
Address: No. 444 Hoang Hoa Tham street, Tay Ho District, Hanoi.
We give equal opportunity to every candidate, regardless of religion, race and gender.
A competitive salary, benefits and career development opportunity will be offered and commensurate with the experience, qualifications and responsibilities