What We Can Offer
The successful candidate will be responsible for the new product design, development, and integration of electronic components and systems for use on optical analytical systems and instruments. Designs will include analog design, advanced wired and wireless communication, ARM microprocessors, FPGA and support peripherals for application in optical analytical product’s control systems.
• Derive requirements for electronics design tasks from system specifications and by working with both internal and external customers.
• Design digital electronics including, but not limited to, Field Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGA), DAC/ADC circuitry and microprocessors for system control/communications.
• Low level communication protocols and microprocessor peripherals, including but not limited to SPI, UART & I2C.
• Performs initial circuit board bring-up and measures performance to verify adherence to functional requirements.
• Performs engineering analysis and/or design of various vehicle systems utilizing traditional engineering techniques such as design analysis, simulation, and performance validation.
• Test and troubleshoots complex designs utilizing advance laboratory equipment (O-Scopes, Logic Analyzers, etc.)
• Responsible for releasing and maintaining complete design documentation according to procedures and supporting manufacturing and customers throughout the life of the product.
• Current CAD tools for schematic capture, circuit simulation and design verification
• Troubleshooting complex design problems and ability to explain a range of complex technical information
• Guides design and development of printed circuit boards from schematic entry to final PCA CAD layout.
• Ensures that system/component designs comply with company and industrial requirements (UL, CE, etc.).
• Actively participates in and leads design reviews and product verification processes.
Education: Bachelor degree (Master’s degree is plus.) in Electrical Engineering with 5+ years (3+ years with Master’s degree) in Engineering design and development,