What We Can Offer
The Senior IS Analyst works within the School Information Systems team to administer and maintain technology systems at the school. The team of analysts collaboratively prioritizes operations, projects and support for their respective focus areas. Analysts are expected to have sufficient knowledge of all systems in order to provide coverage for each other.
- Contribute to the planning, support and administration for UNIS Hanoi school information systems such as Veracross Academic Life, School Learning Management Systems, School Admin modules and Learning Analytics.
- Host user group meetings and investigate issues as they arise and work on resolutions with stakeholders and vendor support.
- Develop and maintain internal system documentation such as process maps, operating procedures and data dictionaries in collaboration with the technology department team and user groups. Store all material in accordance with the department's filing convention.
- Contribute to the implementation of new functionality, develop training materials and support users post implementation. Track support tickets, project work and continuous improvement activities within the department’s Service Desk and Agile software.
- Ensure that training is provided for admin staff, parents, and students. Facilitate in person training and develop materials such as user manuals and instructional videos.
- Perform data analysis such as building queries and reports, transforming data and creating visualizations.
Recommend and implement good data stewardship through practices such as periodic audits, backup routines and data consistency checks.
- Work collaboratively with IT staff to evaluate and test new software prior to integrating with the main school information system.
- Support tasks throughout the year such as: Reporting, Scheduling, Gradebook Configuration, Parent-Teacher Conferences, Technology Orientation for New Faculty and Students, Open/Close the school year process, Faculty and Student account management, etc.
- Act as Portal Admin for Faculty and Student Portals in collaboration with school administration, the technology department and advancement.
- Periodically respond to urgent system issues off hours.
1. Education / qualification
- Bachelor degree, Masters degree preferred in relevant discipline.
- 5 years of experience in a senior technology analyst role
2. Technical requirements
- Highly proficient user of MS-Excel, Google Sheet, Google Docs and MS-Word. Experience with MS-Access a plus.
- Experience with SQL programming and/or MS SQL database.
- Experience with requirements gathering, stakeholder interviews, business process mapping, data modeling, creating data sets.
- Willingness to learn about data conversion process using Data Transformation Services (DTS), Access and MS SQL server.
- Experience with data analysis.
- Programming and API experience preferred.
- Progressive experience in K12 customer facing in a systems support/configuration role.
- Ability to lead integration with other systems.
- Excellent communication skills and positive customer facing skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment. Strong focus on teamwork and the ability to assist in planning long term projects. Must be able to work proactively in a team member environment.
- Positive and professional demeanor.
- Experience with project management and implementation.
- At least one year of working in a highly multicultural environment or an international school.
- Professional attitude and attire is a must.
- Advanced English language skills, both written and oral.
- Must be able to handle information in a professional and discreet manner.
- Must be able to organize and synthesize complex tasks in a systematic manner. Ability to learn new software and develop procedures to address complex issues.
- Someone who is curious enough to continually seek to understand full scope of issues and consider the implications of solutions.
- S/he is able to provide recommendations to manager regarding problems or issues. Is able to anticipate problems and provide solutions to minimize impact of imperfect solutions.
- Demonstrates an understanding of stakeholder needs and seeks to maintain a professional relationship with all stakeholders.
- Is able to professionally manage vendor relationships.
- Experience in training and writing documentation. Able to conduct training in a professional manner and make training relevant to attendees. Be able to coordinate training logistics.
- Willingness to think outside of the box and explore alternative solutions.
- A positive attitude with insatiable curiosity and a willingness to learn and challenge oneself.