What We Can Offer
(1) Advising on, negotiating, and preparing commercial contracts, supplier contracts and tender bid response;
(2) Designing and implementing Vietnam-focused Ninja Van legal processes, and
policies and training relating to negotiation and closure of commercial agreements,handling of regulatory compliance issues, compliance with Vietnamese laws and regulations and litigation;
(3) Leading and developing Ninja Van Legal Team members in Vietnam;
(4) Liaise with all government agencies (at local, provincial and national levels) on all legal and regulatory matters;
(5) Provide legal advice to all Ninja Van Vietnamese business units, including with
regards to compliance with Vietnamese postal laws;
(6) Negotiate with other private or public third parties on legal matters with a view of eliminating or mitigating legal risks for Ninja Van;
(7) Instructing external counsels and consultations to enforce Ninja Van’s legal rights or defend potential claims;
(8) Implementation of Ninja Van Group policies and standards in Vietnam legal team.
- The Candidate reports to General Counsel (based in Singapore) but will be accountable to Vietnam Country Head.
- The Candidate will work closely with country and group units, including Regional Legal Department, on commercial matters in Vietnam.
Qualification with a recognized local Bar Association is preferred but not mandatory.
8 to 12 years’ experience in a law firm, or the legal department of a reputable Vietnamese or foreign company, or a combination of both.
At least 5 years of experience in the following: (i) advising, negotiating, and drafting commercial contracts, supplier agreements, and collaboration agreements; (ii) advising, negotiating, and drafting tender submissions; and (iii) commercial agreement templates and processes.
At least 5 years’ experience in handling regulatory compliance matters and litigation.
At least 3 years of experience in leading legal team members or managing legal department operations.
Legal work experience in a sales-driven organization, logistics, e-commerce, or an international company would make the candidate stand-out.
Strong ability to communicate in writing and verbally in Vietnamese and English.
Desired Competency and Skills:
Reviewing, drafting and negotiating commercial contracts, procurement contracts, leases and tender documents.
Track record of effective management of internal stakeholders, including senior management.
Track record of effective management of legal team members and operations to achieve high-quality legal services.
Legal research skills in areas relevant to Ninja Van, such as corporate laws, logistics, wholesale trade and e-commerce.
Pro-active handling of unforeseen circumstances that can create legal risks and providing clear recommendations to operations
Leadership in designing and implementing processes and policies relating to efficient preparation, negotiation and close of commercial agreements and documents.
Identifying commonly encountered legal risks and mitigating them through policies and business process improvements.
Delivering internal legal-related training.
Legal research and advice on commercial legal matters, including intercompany transactions and cross-border transactions.
Advise in and manage commercial disputes, regulatory compliance matters and litigation matters.