What We Can Offer
The Senior Marketing Manager (SMM) is a key role within the school community and will contribute to its onward success and growth. Specific responsibility will be for the organization, administration, and strategic development of all business relating to the marketing and promotion of the School to support and drive student recruitment at all levels, through targeted marketing initiatives and activities.
The SMM leads and mentors the marketing team of the Admissions & Market growth department. The SMM works collaboratively across functions and teams within the wider school community, adding value as a leader beyond just their functional expertise.
The SMM is responsible for representing the ISHCMC brand in business community events such as business chambers, industrial parks, and news agencies to promote and enhance the brand reputation.
The SMM is accountable for identifying, collating, and analyzing critical market trends from market research and data analytics as well as feedback from the Admission team and prospective families.
The SMM supports the Director of Admissions and Market Growth with ongoing staff selection, orientation, training, coaching and performance management of the Marketing team.
The overall objective of the role is to ensure ISHCMC continues to attract (and convert) new joiner students, whilst raising the profile and position of the School in Vietnam and beyond.
The job holder’s responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young person’s for whom s/he is responsible, or with whom s/he comes into contact will be to adhere to and ensure compliance with the relevant Cognita Safeguarding; Child Protection Policy and Procedures at all times. If in the course of carrying out the duties of the role, the job holder identifies any instance that a child is suffering or likely to suffer significant harm either at school or at home, s/he must report any concerns to the School’s Child Protection Officer/Designated Safeguarding Lead or to the Head of indeed to the Regional CEP so that a referral can be made accordingly to the relevant third part services.
Strategic Marketing & Research
● With the school’s Director of Admissions & Market Growth to develop and execute a marketing strategy to support the school’s growth, identify new markets from which to recruit pupils from inside Vietnam and outside Vietnam, and create focused initiatives to drive recruitment
● Develop the school’s annual Marketing budget and recommend changes which may be required reflect on market conditions in alignment to the school’s strategic and long term development goals.
● Ensure ISHCMC’s branding is distinctive and a top choice in our local and international markets. To ensure brand and corporate identity is used consistently throughout marketing campaigns. To be the brand ambassador to ensure brand guidelines are implemented and used appropriately.
● Develop a term by term marketing action plan for the school to support pupil recruitment and retention
● Set weekly/monthly/termly the team’s lead and enquiry goals
● Lead the work on Website development and Prospective Parent Journey Mapping with the objective of maximizing Prospective Parent and Student Satisfaction, and delivering an exceptional Customer Experience across multiple channels
● Conduct market research on competitors, customer needs & trends, local and national economic conditions. Review Voice of Parent, Voice of Student, Voice of Employee survey data.
● Produce weekly/monthly/quarterly reports on several areas such as competitor positioning, brand awareness, marketing campaigns, digital presence, student numbers, customer needs, and economic conditions.
● Work with the Communications team to submit regular press releases on school activities, events, student achievements, and apply for local and international awards.
● Oversee special projects and complete additional tasks as required by supervisors.
Tactical Marketing & Relationships
● Plan & Lead the school digital efforts, including the school website, digital marketing campaigns, school events, and external collateral materials, with the effort to generate leads. Work closely with our marketing agency by collaborating on ideas, content, and performance management of campaigns.
● Identify and execute relevant community-based initiatives in which the school can play a relevant part, to support awareness / positive brand perception etc.
● Increase the effectiveness of lead generation and conversion, and to work side-by-side with the Director of Admissions & Market Growth to maximize the conversion rate, from lead through to enrolment.
● Update or create all printed external communication materials including but not limited to the Prospectus, Annual Report, and Admissions Handbooks
● Make use of CRM to manage leads and enquiries through the entire customer journey.
● Work with the Director of Admissions & Market Growth to identify potential relationships within the local and global business community and establish close working partnerships to generate new referral opportunities.
● Build relationships with business chambers, feeder schools, cognita sister schools, industry partners to enhance the ISHCMC brand and attend events.
● Manage all PR based media relations relating to promotion of the school including proactive message placement through drafting of press releases and establishing positive relationships with representatives from local media channels to enhance the reputation of the school
● ideate & design admissions events (open days, feeder school visits, etc) and align the required organizational support in conjunction with the Academic and Admissions teams.
● Collaborate with Marketing Managers at other Cognita Schools to organize joint programmes and events such as Open Days, Student Visits, etc.
● Support the Director of Admissions and Market Growth to prepare enrolment forecasts and marketing performance reports.
People Management & Operations
● Hire, manage, train and mentor the marketing team to keep abreast with latest marketing techniques, job skills, and soft skills, to enhance team performance.
● Manage and mentor the inquiry team to ensure leads are contacted within the same business day and inquiries are responded to within ½ business day, with the aim of converting leads into quality opportunities for admission managers.
● Create and review a training development plan for each member on the marketing team to develop their technical and soft skills that are deemed necessary for succeeding in their role and achieving career advancement.
● Assist with school events where needed.
● Continued drive to improve the CRM functionalities.
The success of this role is measured by the number and proportion of opportunities that progress to enquiry and enrollment status, the level of customer service provided, the improvement of the brand awareness, the control of the cost of acquisition per opportunity, and the conversion ratio of leads to enquiries to ultimately provide a seamless experience to prospective parents and students.
● Demonstrates the ISHCMC Values – Curiosity, Achievement, Resilience and Empathy
● At Least +6 years marketing experience leading a team in a customer centric environment.
● Lead generation and Digital marketing expertise
● Have experience of using CRM systems, able to analyze and present data using the system.
● Excellent verbal (telephone) and written communication skills
● Outstanding time management and organisation skills
● Result oriented and driven by successful outcomes.
● Strong people management and mentoring skills
● Able to manage challenging situations, solutions orientated with a positive outlook.
● Sales or partnership management experience is preferred.
● Bachelor Degree level qualification in marketing, business administration or related field
● Fluent in English language
● Experience in an international setting will be an added advantage