What We Can Offer
- Comply with all HS&S requirements, includes ongoing completing of Take-5s, Task Observations, JHA’s, HAZOP studies, 5S audits and the conducting of regular workplace inspections as required.
- Technical support for commissioning and startup of projects
- Formulate and work on specific metallurgical projects as part of the continuous improvement initiative of the metallurgical department
- Delivery of training to Metallurgists and Shift Operations and technical input into SOPs and training material; mentoring and doing performance review on plant metallurgist and metallurgical technicians
- Supervision of metallurgical test-work for resource development (LOM) process improvements and capital projects
- Metallurgical Accounting setup on the smelting circuit (Data analysis and continuous review of the metallurgical test-work programs, Setting up the KPI’s for the smelter and the setting of operational strategies to optimize the smelter performance once the smelter is operational, Assist with the setup for the daily , weekly and monthly reporting of the smelter processes, Developing smelter reagents consumptions review, monitoring, and planning management)
- Option analysis and technical input into scoping and design of capital and closeout of MoC requirements
- Required knowledge and understanding of pyro-metallurgy as well as mineral processing knowledge is essential.
- At least 5 years of working experience as a pyro-metallurgist
- Good English proficiency
- Proficient in MS office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint...)