Các Phúc Lợi Dành Cho Bạn
Mô Tả Công Việc
- This role is an internal only technical engineering role. The successful candidate will be a sole engineer working with a drafter in an online environment with Australian engineers and drafters.
- Production of high quality, complete and thorough Structural Engineering design work from concept to construction phase.
- Produce calculations to support the design work, including software and/or by hand calculation output as required, in accordance with sound engineering principles and relevant design standards.
- Provide technical support to other design engineers within the organisation and communicate effectively with people within the organisation.
- Reports to – Associate
- Roles that report to this one – Drafter
- The Senior Structural Engineer has the authority to carry out tasks in accordance with the responsibilities detailed within this Position Description and as per the direction of the Project Leader or Principal.
- Monitor the projects delivery ensuring they are completed on time and within budget.
- Advise Project Leader of cost overruns and if they believe additional work is being or may be needed to be undertaken.
Yêu Cầu Công Việc
Bachelor of Engineering, in Civil / Structural
* Relevant Experience
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in design and documentation of Structural Engineering projects.
- Demonstrated experience in the design of relevant projects including (desirable):
• Structural Steelwork
• Reinforced Concrete
• Domestic Construction
• Multistorey concrete buildings including the overall lateral analysis of the building
• Advanced knowledge of: Microsoft Office, Australian Standards, Spacegas or Microstran, RC Building, ETABS, RAPT. Equivalents can be considered.
* Required Skills
- Competency and to be very familiar with relevant Australian Standards.
- Understanding of Australian construction methods.
- Ability to communicate in English writing is necessary.
- Ability to communicate in English verbally is preferred, but not necessary.
- Able to solve problems and provide solution options.
- Review and provide feedback on design by others.
- Able to understand timeframes and provide realistic feedback to colleagues on required timeframes.
- Able to work with a drafter and provide clear markups and leadership in the engineer-drafter business relationship.
- Efficiently manage drafter output.
- Offer constructive feedback and advice to colleagues.
- Remain up to date with software changes.
- Learn new software as required.
* Preferred software capability:
- Spacegas or Microstran