What We Can Offer
We are looking forward to Field Service Engineer - UPS in Eaton’s electrical business, based in Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
The primary function of the FSE is responsible for providing aftersales technical support, and on-site field diagnostic for Power Quality(UPS) product issues. The FSE is required on standby 24x7 for field service activation and co-work with the East Asia regional service team to identify the root cause of single-phase, 3 phase UPS product fault issue upon request. Responsible to provide a field service report for the customer. The FSE shall escalate to Level 2 technical support (East Asia FAST Team) should the fault issue is unable to be identified and resolved within a reasonable time frame. To provide pre-sales and post-sales technical support to customers and resellers as a secondary function.
Your essential responsibilities:
• Responsible for field technical and administrative support activities including DPQ/CPS (UPS products) fault escalation which related to product functional, quality or application issues. Provide root cause analysis including operating profile capturing, emulation of similar fault at the factory level and thereafter provide rectification solution.
• Ensures adequate fault escalation records are maintained. Maintains communication with design management and specialists to resolve technical problems and/or bring problems to the design department’s attention.
• Responsible for field escalation support as a single point of contact interfacing with the end customer. While working with pre-sales team to drive additional sales in those specific service contract/s (including 24x7)
Accountable for escalation on-field technical support for end customers to deliver best in class for services delivered to drive service quality to a new height.
• Provide preventative maintenance technical support, on-site fault troubleshooting, Field service engineering (FSB) change upgrades, etc. as require by reseller/customer.
• Responsible for timely, professional, accurate and service-oriented response to all technical service enquires, Including 24/7 service support by telephone as well as on-site field support subject to in-country electrical board regulation restriction.
• Assume technical lead to Identify and isolates equipment start-up malfunctions and takes corrective action.
Assume service lead to provide customer support role and responsible for customer's satisfaction with equipment and servicing.
• Prepares daily logs and reports of work performed. Implement and control workflow documents, and maintain proper practices to keep track of these documents. Communication skills must be adequate to interface effectively with customers both internally and externally.
• Analyze and provide advice for customers’ existing equipment status and recommended replacement schedules
• Assist the Sales team in developing business opportunities to achieve Power Quality in terms of Presales support.
Analyse competitor products and counter-offer competitive Power Quality products to the Vietnam market
Conduct product training, a workshop for Distributors, Partners, consultant, contractor and End User
• Ability to learn, articulate, and support complex products and technologies
Must also be experienced with customer meetings and presentations
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent, preferable in Electrical Engineering
• 3-5 years related experience in PQ UPS products technical support, or related role e.g. application engineer within the industry
• Good communication skills in English and local language
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
*We make what matters work.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day.
It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential - and where you can help us reach ours.