What We Can Offer
• Govern the price setting process that includes design rights, accountabilities, and approval thresholds/routing;
• Drive the cadence (weekly, monthly, quarterly) of price setting and getting discussions, including cross-functional input;
• Regularly gather and consolidate data from multiple ANH functions (i.e. RMS, SMT, Sales) and capture/incorporate priority factors (e.g. customer segmentation/sub-segmentation, willingness to pay, competitive landscape and dynamics, market supply and demand, internal profitability) to set price targets;
• Develop, anticipate and communicate the strategic, financial, and administrative implications and risks of proposed pricing strategies and recommendations;
• Drive prioritization of activities that support strategic pricing across the interdependencies within the business: Commercial, SMT, FP&A, BOSC, RMS.
30% Work with market teams (sales and supporting functions) to drive good pricing execution
• Review whether changes are needed to meet strategic goals by reviewing price, margin, volume (price elasticity of demand), formulation, product offering, cost-to-serve, etc.;
• Guide/train commercial leadership to understand the “right” strategic drivers for the business and align and develop a pipeline of continuous improvement activities as an outcome of these meetings;
• Recommend measures to improve customer profitability, as well as action plans to improve the value creation of product offerings. This also includes collaboration with commercial teams in development of proposals to strategic customers;
• Create the full price waterfall for the business, including all on and off invoice discounts and ideally cost to serve elements, provide transparency to the business, and drive continuous margin management/customer profitability process;
• Equip the sales team with pricing information to assist in developing account plans and provide or help them build “customer collateral” that supports successful negotiations and helps them communicate the value ANH is creating (so that value can be monetized) – this includes guidance on value messaging;
• Joint visits with Commercial Leads to Key Accounts, understanding the business, setting up customer specific price strategies and help explain price strategies/movements to key customers;
• Apply pricing rules, policies (i.e. freight pricing policy) and decisions firmly, fairly and provide detailed explanations supporting decisions. Research pricing discrepancies for and propose solutions to fairly resolve pricing disputes.
20% Develop and own data sets, tools and reporting
• Build and monitor a rigorous process of tracking pricing decisions against targets;
• Create a reporting cadence and dashboard to identify potential issues/opportunities to market leadership for potential action;
• Own the commercial dataset used for pricing and commercial decisions. Consistent with agile methodology, create and manage the backlog of enhancements and priorities (e.g. complete transparency around discounts);
• Ensure through cross functional collaboration with MIDS, FP&A, IT, Supply Chain, etc. that the underlying data infrastructure meets the needs in order to be able to perform strategic pricing work;
• Deploy, maintain and oversee the facilitation of training on business pricing tools and systems.
20% Work with the CE Team and Global Pricing Organization to deploy and enhance pricing capabilities
• Work with the MD, RMD and CE Team together to design the organization, moving “pricing” from an internally focused, process-only role and into a strategic role that provides insight and guidance in the commercial space, position Strategic Pricing as a decision making body safeguarding our strategy;
• Act as the point person to drive pricing initiatives in the local market, based on the global playbooks, and share back case studies to the CE Team;
• Track progress against major market level KPIs established by the CE Team;
• Maintain the backlog of projects and opportunities in market, and work with the CE Team to prioritize activities, resourcing, and expected benefits.
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a Business, Finance, Economics or Agriculture related field;
• 7-10+ years professional experience in working experience, ideally within pricing, marketing, merchandising, sales, and/or finance;
• Meaningful experience in Strategic Pricing and related experience with customer-backed value, ingredient markets and pricing strategy;
• Utilizes comprehensive knowledge of strategic pricing and commercial best pricing practices to optimize value across business;
• Ability to develop and maintain relationships with key business leaders and be a key thought leader;
• Soft: communication skills, change management skills, strong ability to collaborate and influence within a process-honoring organization;
• Ability to manage and direct work of pricing analysts and provide professional development opportunities;
• Hard: quantitative ability to direct and interpret detailed analysis; Excel, Tableau, Alteryx, Power BI, overall strong analytic skills;
• Understanding of (agricultural) commodity markets;
• Understanding of the geo political environment and how this can affect the business;
• Excellent time management, prioritization and organizational skills.
• MBA or Master’s degree in Business, Finance, Engineering, or other quantitative field;
• Strong working knowledge of Tableau, Power BI and PROS;
• Familiarity with Alteryx, SQL, R, or other programming and database tools.