What We Can Offer
- Partner with the brand developer on product development commercialization within expected timelines.
- Ensure that the brand standards are upheld at all stages of the sampling process and partner with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that any product developed is not only fit for purpose but avert of risk and compatible for bulk production in the allocated manufacturing site.
- To ensure a comprehensive and smooth handover from product development to production.
- With the support of data analytics, manage vendor performance and drive continuous improvement within the supply base
- Continue to evolve self and skills to be able to adapt to the changing needs of the business
- To work collaboratively to deliver the Quality Strategy
Key Area of Responsibility:
- Provide technical expertise and support to internal and external stake holders at all stages of the product development process starting at Tech Pack Handover through to Pre-production sample stage
- Vendor onboarding
- Provide technical training to internal and external stake holders
- Support factory and QA/QE teams to understand VF SOP and product standards
- Carry out risk assessment evaluation as early in the process as permits, identify potential problems and make practical suggestions to mitigate risk. Influence and own the outcome.
- Review and where process determines, approve samples (virtual, actual) for fit, workmanship and construction.
- Communicate clear and concise comments to optimize the outcome at the next stage of the process.
- Make recommendations (cost considered) and review / update patterns where required.
- Where sample submission is poor, video call or visit the vendor to review the sample together, discuss the challenges and agree next steps.
- Issue comments / updates to the system promptly after sample review and complete the sample log book.
- Vendor Performance Management - Participate in the vendor review meetings to discuss sample submission performance and manage continuous improvement plan.
- Attend and participate in development meetings / virtual fit reviews (live model or mannequin)
- Work with the brand TD, sourcing and vendor to set up and support the technical preparations for these meetings to ensure maximum outcome and efficiency for everyone.
- Know the capabilities of the sample rooms and production sites you work with
- Identify and escalate if there is any risk of the factory not achieving required standards, or if there are additional standards/SOP needed. Partner with QA / QE to execute.
- Understand results of product related testing and support with technical input, to eliminate risk in advance of bulk production
- Manage effective handover of all styles to regional production QA teams
- Attend PP meetings as required (risk basis)
- Validate patterns before sending to vendors, where needed
- Update BOMs as needed
- Participate in and support new initiatives and projects
- Support / partner with DPC
Strategic Role / Relationship building
- Builds trusting and collaborative relationships with key teams across the business.
- Openly seeks out individuals internally and at the factory level to share relevant information that benefits the customer, business and VF associates
- Debates and provides authentic dialogue with stakeholders to achieve the shared goal
- Actively listens to others and exchanges ideas
- Applies facts and adapts own communication style and language based on the audience and situation
- Be proactive, effective and timely when communicating with all personnel
- Provide active coaching to vendors and regional team members to encourage and foster new knowledge while ensuring VFs values are upheld
- To provide timely decisions to vendor to avoid potential delay or inaccuracy in sample making or production
Minimum Academic Requirement: College/Bachelor’s Degree
Major Subjects: Fashion/Apparel Design (emphasis in pattern making, technical design and fit).
- Writing Skills:
1. English: Good
2. Chinese: Fair
3. Local language: Excellent
- Oral Skills:
1. English: Good
2. Cantonese: Fair
3. Mandarin: Fair
4. Local language: Excellent
- Ability to act as a technical resource and mentor to others
- Strong working knowledge of manufacturing, design, product development and merchandising processes from the inception of design through production.
- Proficient pattern making skills (including hands-on experience in flat pattern & draping), garment sizing and pattern grading.
- Working knowledge of Computerised pattern system (e.g. Gerber) and PLM
- A trained eye of good fitting garment (both, on ‘live’ model and Fit Form) and thorough understanding of garment proportion and functionalities.
- Knowledge of garment construction standard and engineering, textiles/fabric, trims, finishing (wet & dry), and manufacturing methods.
- Ability to interpret design intent and offer alternative solutions, as needed.
- Attention to detail, accurate and articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proactive. Solution driven mind set. Strong sense of urgency and ability to adhere to Product Development Calendar.
- Good computing skills including Microsoft Office, Adobe Illustrator
- Motivated to create and manage a meaningful IDP
- Curious and courageous to seek regular feedback