Các Phúc Lợi Dành Cho Bạn
Mô Tả Công Việc
- The Technical manager role reports to the Director of development Timberland ASO
- The new role will drive and execute the fitting/technical development process in Asia, ensuring all areas of fitting and technical development meet key milestones. The role includes development of our internal fitting process in Asia and creating a robust and trusted method
- The Technical manager will provide engineering direction, and recommendations based on own background and experience with footwear.
- The Technical manager will use their advanced insights and knowledge of commercialization, manufacturing processes and schedules to influence decisions both internally that positively affect local decisions and quality, enhance performance and product value.
- The Technical manager will be adept at anticipating issues, solving problems and driving timely resolutions that are beneficial to both the company and its offshore teams. This role will be the conduit between high performance, cross functioning product teams (Design, Development and Engineering).
*KPI’s (Key Performance Indicators)
• Manage and guide the Technical development process ensuring product meets quality specifications and fit standards through technical evaluation of fit, lasts, patterns and product construction, within the agreed seasonal timelines and cooperate /partner with Timberland SPE/SPD
• Review set up and manage all aspects of Asia fit technical process
• Manage local APD/PE wear trial system with all partner teams
• Lead and manage multiple projects from Discovery through to XF date (maintaining development and commercialization schedules, key milestones, sign-off check points)
• Identify-Implement new and improved fit and development processes through a collaborative and transparent approach.
• Work with local and off shore vendors to improve process and cooperation in all technical areas that include CAD-3d-Digital rendering and moulds development
• Champion Development and Engineering principles, educating and train APD/APE/offshore vendors to adopt best practices.
• Support and influence the company Speed to market initiatives
• Support the 5 key areas of focus (fit, technology, materials and quality, comfort,)
*ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Support the Director of Development in key functional areas as required
- Generate and maintain project schedules and meet associated key milestones.
- Maintain and uphold Timberland fit and technical standards
- Review/manage Fit trial and Wear Test trial outcomes with required internal and external team, provide suggestions and recommendations for improvements in collaboration with factory partners, and implement appropriate changes for production.
- Support all PD/commercialization documentation and ensure accuracy in regards to Tracking reports, Commercialization and Development schedules, and Tooling development progress
- Develops strong working relationships with all Vendors and internal departments and stakeholders.
- Set up and offer training and mentoring to APD/APE and manage up-skill of team
- Review APD/PE initiatives seasonally with Vendors and make recommendations to improve outcomes.
- Works with Vendors to Identify advantages in strategic supplier and second tier relationships
- Actively resolve product development and technical issues that arise collaborating with internal and offshore teams to find suitable, cost effective and timely solutions to prevent quality and lead-time impact.
- Engage Design, Development and Engineering Depts. to understand and avoid development and production issues seasonally. Communicate issues and overviews effectively to all internal and offshore teams.
- Work with APD/PE in placing product in appropriate factories and review.
- Create an inspiring and collaborative working relationship and environment between Stratham /Stabio and Offshore manufacturing teams.
- International and Domestic travel to various factory and office locations
*TEAMWORK / LEADERSHIP RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work respectfully and be empathetic with HQ team and offshore team
- PD/PE team
*COMPETENCIES / CORE VALUES
• Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work and team members’ work to ensure highest standards.
• Teamwork – Collaborates effectively with all coworkers, provides leadership to team. Asks for and offers help when appropriate. Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions.
• Drive -Has a high level of emotional intelegence and personal drive
• Results Oriented - Takes ownership of challenges, projects, deadlines and problems; "gets it done" while focusing on the customer's experience and outcome. Follows through on commitments.
• Initiative - Volunteers readily; brings new ideas and seeks increased responsibilities; takes independent actions and calculated risks; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; initiates projects, learns and improves constantly.
• Balance - Keeps a healthy perspective on work and life. Approaches challenges with a positive perspective, demonstrates good judgement, inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically.
• Shared Vision - believes in and champions the Timberland VF company’s mission and core values.
Yêu Cầu Công Việc
• Possible educated in Engineering, Design, or other applicable technical areas.
• 10+ years successfully leading Footwear Development or Commercialization projects and teams.
• 7+ Years experience managing, Coaching and developing people in a high performance culture.
• 5+ years pattern engineering experience.
• 10+ years footwear construction knowledge – preferred brown shoes, casual and athletic.
• Footwear last evaluation and knowledge of last engineering best practices.
• Women’s mens footwear fitting evaluation and experience with fit improvements through pattern and last engineering.
• Footwear materials knowledge (leather, textile, synthetic).
• Full knowledge of all constructions including direct attatched process
• Proven ability to lead and influence in a collabrative, cross functioning group without command to meet strategic objectives and outcomes.
• Strong written and verbal English communication skills.
• Attention to detail, ability to anticpate and resolve problems.
• Ability to make decissions in a fast paced enviroment.
• Strong Computer and possible CAD Skills.