What We Can Offer
• Support Abbott Molecular sales growth by delivering primary levels of instrument field and applications (technical) service needed to support customers, and the commercial teams through targeted scientific and technical strategies and the provision of scientific support when required.
• The individual in this position should be able to apply basic levels of scientific and engineering theory to understand root cause issues, and apply solutions to those problems. Service related activities and findings must well document in the Abbott Molecular call management database that is part of the Abbott Molecular Quality System.
2. Core Job Responsibilities:
• Provide system and assay technical support for Abbott Molecular customers. The essential job functions needed to perform this job include:
o Lead and facilitate technical problem solving within the territory, by providing on demand front line field service support to customers.
o Install and verify proper operation of instrument systems in a customer diagnostic laboratory setting.
o Perform scheduled preventative maintenance interventions that include calibration, hardware or software upgrades, and verify work completed.
o Deliver training to customers on aspects of systems (hardware) and assays.
o Troubleshoot system and assay problems through telephone support, log file reading, or on-site customer visits.
o Maintain a repair parts inventory and provide input on parts usage related to failures.
o Active participation in Area and/or Global conference calls, service summits, expert meetings and workshops.
o Maintaining and managing spare part inventory.
o Create and maintain technical records and documents, using a call management system.
Provide feedback and communication to enhance technical service documents and bulletins that will be used by other field service personnel.
The candidate will use fundamental scientific and engineering skills to support systems and assays that are installed in Viet Nam customer sites, with an expected travel requirement of 25-50%. The candidate may be expected to support customers in South Asia on an as-needed basis.
Minimum Experience/Training Required
• 3 years’ experience at troubleshooting electromechanical software controlled instrument
3 years’ experience working in a clinical diagnostic molecular laboratory using PCR
techniques and automation.
• Commercial experience is an advantage and credibility within the clinical diagnostics arena
• Clear demonstration of consistent problem solving and troubleshooting ability.
• Ability to operate laboratory instrumentation including pipettes, multi-meters, and data
Minimum Skills Required
• Knowledge of regulations and standards affecting In-vitro Diagnostic Devices and human
• Achieving service excellence through technical abilities, with ability to meet and exceed
• The individual in this position must be able to work well with others and demonstrate
proper etiquette and communication skills in all situations. The individual needs to be
adaptable to changing priorities and demands.
• Candidates applying for this position should have skills and experience, which minimally
meet the following requirements:
o Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
o Attention to detail, and passion to strive for technical excellence.
o Listen to the customer, understand each service support situation and provide a
response that meets or exceeds customer expectations.
o Have the ability to demonstrate proper etiquette and empathy for each customer
o Ability to work with other internal Abbott cross-functional groups including field
sales representatives and the management teams.
o Ability to document work performed and be well organized.
o Ability to understand and troubleshoot software based PC programs
Ability to use standard application software such as MS Word, MS Excel, and MS
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED
• Bachelor's degree in Science or Engineering, or related experience for 3 years or more.