Các Phúc Lợi Dành Cho Bạn
Mô Tả Công Việc
- Under guidance of the Shift Manager, this position supervises the group of Terminal Operators ensuring subordinates perform their jobs efficiently, safely and in a timely manner.
- Communicates vessel operation sequence and stevedoring requirements to subordinates. Executes the planned yard sequence and advises planners on information required
1. Vessel function:
- Supervise the D&W and QC operators as a team leader
- Berth and sail the vessel safely, smoothly and according to Shift Manager instruction as per SSIT standard of procedures
- Ensure that Pre-operation procedures are in place as following:
+ Ensure that all the crane gangs are in place in due time (at least 30 min before vessel berthing).
+ Crane pre-operational test took place and report any defect to Technical
+ Ensure that all the equipment deployed to the vessel are in place.
+ Allocate the Safe and Appropriate traffic lanes under the cranes.
+ Ensure that the lashing gang attend the vessel in safe and organize way.
+ Ensure that the Deck and Wharf are briefed.
+ Ensure that the Deck and Wharf have their paperwork, Radio, Handheld and sufficient charged Batteries.
+ Ensure safe working conditions on the Quayside and on board the Vessel
- Closely monitor the vessel operation and give the technical assistance to the vessels gang and report any irregular situation to the Shift Manager
- Ensure that tractor units are being correctly utilized to maximize vessel productivity and efficiency.
- Monitor the performance of the vessel gang
- Distribute and monitor the vessel documentation
- Review the documentation completed by the Deck and Wharf controllers
- Communicate with the Dispatchers and Shift Manager in order to: Avoid crane clash; Avoid Yard Handles; Follow/ manipulate (if required) the crane sequence; Follow Priority
- Arrange regular meetings with the Deck & Wharf Controllers and QC operators for sharing results and better understandings of SSIT business
2. Yard function
- Supervise the RTG/TP/SP/ Truck Operators as a team leader
- Monitor all of the yard activities and solve/report any operational issues during the shift (Yard Operations – Consolidation)
- Pre-Shift prepare according to the Shift Manager instruction:
- Coordinate with the resource coordinator regarding the equipment rotation and if there is any extra equipment to be add or less equipment to be parked or with the Technical for the PM/CM
- Ensure that all operators attend the shift and report any absence to the Shift Manager.
- Inform resource coordinator in case any changes during shift
- Check the operator attendance and handle any rotation issues.
- Liaise with the Technical department regarding sending and receiving the Equipment
- Report the Defected equipment to the Shift Manager and the Technical Department
- Ensure that all the container handling equipment are being efficiently utilized to maximize vessel productivity and/or yard consolidation requirements.
- Communicate and assist the Dispatcher in the movement and the Gantry of the container handling equipment to achieve the maximum efficient utilization of the equipment.
- Communicate with the Vessel Supervisor regarding any problem direction of the Reefer and before the switch from loading to discharge
- Full understanding of the Yard stacking strategy, reporting positive and negative feedback to yard planning
- To support the training department (section) through providing them with the requested equipment for training according the agreement with Shift Manager, and to recommend the best operators to attach the new trainees with them.
- Ensure that the container handling equipment is kept clean and tidy through regular visits to the cabin and any defects to be recorded
- Arrange and prepare any loading for an OOG container
- After Shift Preparation: Prepare the shift report
3. General Accountabilities
- Ensure achieving the agreed target productivity with zero accidents.
- Ensure that a satisfactory level of staff discipline is maintained.
- With the assistance of the Shift Manager carry out appraisals for D&W controllers, QC Operators, RTG, TP/ SP, Truck Operators
Yêu Cầu Công Việc
- Requires at least five or more years of foreman/supervisory, project or team leader experience in container terminal operations environment, or similar, related industry. Previous experience as a foreman, supervisor or other similar position would be expected as a natural progression to this position.
- Physically fit with no fear of heights.
- Has understanding of basic tabulating methods, and general math aptitude.
- Require a high level of planning and organizational skills, has good leadership skills and excellent interpersonal skills, working with a highly diverse workforce.
- Has an in-depth understanding of vessels, cranes, equipment, heavy vehicles, containers and cargo, hoisting equipment, lashing
- Understands safety regulations, safe working procedures and safe materials handling procedures and follows safety and work instructions.
- Has the ability to communicate operational instructions and information; able to understand commonly used hand signals to communicate without radio system.
- Require proficient English communication skills in verbal and written
- Has the ability to work as a team member and adhere to operational plans to achieve maximum productivity.
- Has thorough familiarity with the strict implementation of international standards of safe working practices within marine, stevedoring and terminal operations.
- General knowledge on Government Agencies (especially Customs) imports and exports procedures