What We Can Offer
• Perform safe and efficient operation of the facilities and systems and equipment from ESP/ASH outside the control room such as ash conditioners, pneumatic and mechanical conveying system, air compressors, SDCC and ESP ash removal systems.
• Perform start-up, operation, and shutdown of equipment, systems, and the plant in accordance with approved plant procedures and as directed by the ESP/ASH Control Board Operator.
• Provide constant monitoring of ESP ash motors, hopper sequence operations, rapping performance and TR output.
• Troubleshoots dome valve operations to ensure constant ash removal.
• Monitor and record local operating parameters and adjust maintain safe and efficient operation.
• Sampling, testing, and interpreting analysis; coordinating activities with other operators, maintenance and certain technical and laboratory personnel for maximum plant safety and economy; maintaining operating logs, taking readings, changing charts, and cleaning equipment.
• Observes reports, troubleshoots, and correct situations that are likely to develop into operational problems or safety hazards.
• As authorized by the ESP/ASH Control Room Operator, performs equipment isolation in accordance with plant lockout/tagout procedures.
• Report all maintenance activities to the ESP/ASH Control Room Operator.
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Must be able to work independently with minimum or no supervision.
• Basic computer proficiency.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills are essential. At least 4 years’ experience working in an industrial environment desired. Previous Ash Handling experience a plus.