Các Phúc Lợi Dành Cho Bạn
Mô Tả Công Việc
World Vision is a Christian relief and development organisation working to create lasting change in the lives of children, families and communities living in poverty. World Vision serves all people regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender. As a child-focused organization, World Vision’s (WV) work focuses on children, ensuring they are protected and their basic needs are met. WVV has a total income of around US$ 19,000,000 (FY17) with funding from 16 support countries in Europe, Asia, the Americas and Australia. Funding of WVV consists of sponsorship program funding (70%) and Private Non Sponsorship (PNS)/Grants (30%). World Vision International-Vietnam employs about 430 staff, of which 99% are Vietnamese nationals.
In 2018, World Vision Vietnam is implementing 37 Area Programmes (APs) which operate in 5 zones: North 1 (Hoa Binh, Dien Bien), North 2 (Yen Bai, Tuyen Quang), North 3 (Hung Yên, Thanh Hoa, Hai Phong), Central (Quang Tri, Quang Nam, Danang) and South (Quang Ngai, Binh Thuan, Ho Chi Minh, DakNong). WVV’s APs focus within one administrative district of a province which usually populated by ethnic minority people with very high rates of poverty. A uniqueness of WVV’s AP approach and structure is that team members are based at district level where the AP is located, which enables them to work closely with government partners and communities on a daily basis. Beside the APs, WVV is also implementing different Special and Grant Projects to meet the specific needs of vulnerable children in both AP and non-AP areas.
II. PURPOSE OF TRAINEESHIP POSSTION IN DISTRICT 4 URBAN AREA PROGRAM
In order to be a potential candidate for this position – Development, the trainee is acquired to have enough knowledge, skills, ability and attitude necessary for taking up the role of Development Facilitator while working in District 4 UAP. The trainee will achieve the above-mentioned objective by learning to serve as a catalyst, partnership broker, and builder of the capacity of local partners, facilitating the development process toward the improved and sustained well-being of children within their families and community, especially the most vulnerable children in District 4 UAP.
III. MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Study and understand WVV core values, missions and relevant polices of WVV and practice.
• Study carefully the AP plan, log-frames, and technical models in order to understand more about the project goal, outcomes & outputs as well as approaches of the projects.
• Assist in the process of capacity building for communities and local partners
• Develop weekly, monthly plan and assure that all assigned activities are completed on time and of good quality.
• Collaborate and work closely with other team member to help AP reach its objectives.
• Participate in and carry out other tasks and assignments as requested by AP manager.
IV. EXPECTED OUTCOME OF THE PROGRAM:
• Learn about the NGO Sector, understanding Community and Sustainable Development.
• Enhance presentation, teamwork and management skills and gain experience in project development and administration.
• Gain direct, hands-on experience in community services and development work, as the first step to embarking on a career within this field.
• A successful traineeship period may be followed by an opportunity for full-time employment with WVV
Yêu Cầu Công Việc
The following knowledge, skills and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on the job training:
• Bachelor degree in a relevant field (preferably social works, community development, public health, education, business development…);
• Passionate about giving back and would like to have a career in community development.
• Strong critical and analytical thinking skills;
• Be able to function well in a team environment.
• Basic written English skills, particularly report writing skills;
• Good computer skills (word processing, excel and power point);
• Humility, respect, and care for others – especially the vulnerable children.
• Willingness to work at the project sites (village/ commune level) with frequent travel.
The appointee shall be committed to working with and learning from poor and marginalized people, especially children. The trainee will be expected to support the philosophy, purpose and values of WV in its work with the poor in Vietnam.