Các Phúc Lợi Dành Cho Bạn
Mô Tả Công Việc
Work base: Binh Chanh Urban Area Program - Binh Chanh district - Ho Chi Minh city
Deadline for application: 05 June 2020
I. PURPOSE OF TRAINEESHIP PROGRAM
With the aim of connecting sustainable development work with talented young people, World Vision Vietnam (WVV) is calling for motivated and dynamic applicants to participate in our Traineeship Program. This is an opportunity for young people to explore and develop their future career in the NGO sector as well as contribute to community development. The participants will be provided with a traineeship placement and on-going support from WVV. Each participant will gain direct experience in community services and development work and the program will be the first step to embarking on a career with WVV.
The project aims to give the opportunity for the trainee to acquire knowledge, skills, ability and attitude necessary for taking up the role of Development Facilitator working in Ho Chi Minh city. The trainee will achieve the above-mentioned objective by learning to serve as a catalyst, partnership broker, and builder of the capacity of local partners, facilitating the development process toward the improved and sustained well-being of children within their families and community, especially the most vulnerable children in Ho Chi Minh city.
II. MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Study and understand WVV core values, missions and relevant polices of WVV and practice.
• Study carefully the AP plan, log-frames, and technical models in order to understand more about the project goal, outcomes & outputs as well as approaches of the projects.
• Assist in the process of capacity building for communities and local partners
• Develop weekly, monthly plan and assure that all assigned activities are completed on time and of good quality.
• Support to monitor program’s activities;
• Visit MVC/RC and their families;
• Collaborate and work closely with other team member to help AP reach its objectives.
• Participate in and carry out other tasks and assignments as requested by AP manager.
III. EXPECTED OUTCOME OF THE PROGRAM:
• Learn about the NGO Sector, understanding Community and Sustainable Development.
• Enhance presentation, teamwork and management skills and gain experience in project development and administration.
• Gain direct, hands-on experience in community services and development work, as the first step to embarking on a career within this field.
• A successful traineeship period may be followed by an opportunity for full-time employment with WVV
Yêu Cầu Công Việc
• Bachelor degree in a relevant field (preferably social works, community development, public health, education, business development…);
• Passionate about giving back and would like to have a career in community development;
• Strong critical and analytical thinking skills;
• Be able to function well in a team environment.
• Basic written English skills, particularly report writing skills;
• Good computer skills (word processing, excel and power point);
• Humility, respect, and care for others – especially the vulnerable children;
• Willingness to work at the project sites (village/ commune level) with frequent travel.
The appointee shall be committed to working with and learning from poor and marginalized people, especially children. He will be expected to support the philosophy, purpose and values of WV in its work with the poor in Vietnam.