What We Can Offer
• Develop and implement initiatives that will ensure DHL provides market-leading service relative to our cost position.
• Act as main contact at top (in area of responsibility) management level to promote company’s interest to expand customer base
Warehouse Operations Team
• Ensure customer Must Do’s are implemented and KPIs achieved
• Support for planning and implementing ops strategies to meet service quality and cost targets
• Support training initiative of the program team to enhance skills
• Support the execution of new initiatives developed by Transport senior management team
• Manage effective security aspects as defined by Network Security standards
• Manage the sub-contractors to ensure the owner providing high quality of work while managing the operating cost at a reasonable level
Suppliers / Regulatory Authorities / Industry
• Ensure DHL meets/improves upon its Operations regulatory and environmental obligations, manage contractors service performance levels
Country Management Team
• Provide regular ground / site operation updates, actions, changes and targets
• Agree and achieve market leading Time, Data Quality and Service Performance targets
• Support with expertise in providing best in class service
• Perform management tasks with due regard to budgetary targets, service/ productivity levels and cost controls.
• Ensure the compliance of legislative and safety requirements in relation to the transportation
• Ensure that DHL meets/improves upon its Operations regulatory and environmental obligations eg: OH&S.
• Agree and achieve market leading Time, Data Quality and Service Performance targets.
• Oversee Transport Security practices to ensure policies and business needs are met.
Ensure alignment with country and customer needs
• Ensure Transport operational practices and procedures are compliant with country and network operation policies.
• Plan and implement Operations facilities, equipment and infrastructure in accordance with country guidelines and local requirements.
• Develop a high performance service culture within the functional department. Plan, organize and direct and efficient and effective functional department. Develop IKOs/KPIs with team members and monitor individual performance.
• Conduct performance appraisal.
• Manage the allocation of appropriate resources and commitment of staff to the achievement of Country objectives and targets.
• Identify training needs and opportunities to develop a highly skilled functional department.
• Local business development autonomy
• Strong experience in transportation operation, good at team, vendor management
• Experience of the local regulatory environment
• Communication skills (English), spoken and written
• Business Acumen
• Commercial Awareness