Các Phúc Lợi Dành Cho Bạn
Mô Tả Công Việc
Together with the Finance Director to ensure that Save the Children in Vietnam (SCI) has the financial control and management capacity to deliver programmes that provide immediate and lasting change for children. Ensure that effective financial control and mechanisms are in place and work well to safe guard the financial assets as well as reputation/ profile of SCI. The Finance Manager ensures adherence to policies and systems through effective supervision and regular internal audits to Sub-Offices and partners. The Finance Manager also ensures effective communications and coordination between Finance and Program Teams and other relevant staff. S/he is also responsible for the accurate and timely submission of financial reports and attendants’ schedules/attachments to SCI, donors and government regulatory agencies. S/he is responsible to ensure CO budgets to be well and timely developed with efficient collaboration from relevant CO teams and ensure budget spent to be monitored strictly against the plans.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
As a member of the Extended Senior Management Team, contribute to:
• Leadership of the Vietnam Country Office
• Ensure Vietnam Country Office complies with all Save the Children Management Operating Standards and Standard Operating Procedures.
• Support the development of an organisational culture that reflects our dual mandate values, promotes accountability and high performance, encourages a team culture of learning, creativity and innovation, and frees up our people to deliver outstanding results for children and excellent customer service for our Members and donors
• Help design and implement a coherent organizational structure that is consistent with agency practices and appropriate to programme needs
• Help establish, maintain, and improve active and regular working relationships with: host government authorities, partner agencies including humanitarian and development donors, and local and international NGOs
• Ensure that all required support is provided promptly, at scale and in line with the rules and principles during emergencies, working closely with the Regional Office
Other specific tasks
1) Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A)
• Work with FPA team to ensure good development of Country Forecast, and monitoring of budget spent on monthly basis;
• Ensure thorough and comprehensive overview on cost structure on periodical basis so as to maintain an appropriate cost structure for the organisation;
• Endorse proposal budgets, ensuring the appropriate costs structure in the budget in terms of HR costs, NTC, shared direct costs;
• Approve donor financial reports so as to ensure the accuracy of reporting figures
• Closely work with FPA team, ensuring award management risks in budget management is mitigated;
2) Control and Compliance (C&C)
• Support Finance and ICT Director to update and improve financial policies and procedures, control and systems, commensurate and relevant to SCI Vietnam.
• Ensure country internal control system effectively and efficiency implemented and embedded at country, fields offices;
• Support Finance and ICT Director in achieving finance management dash board (KPIs and Management indicators (MIs));
• Ensure sub- offices receive adequate support to operate efficient accounting systems;
• Ensures adherence to prescribed policies and systems through effective supervision and regular internal audits to Sub-Offices.
• Monitor accurate and timely submission of financial reports, schedules and regulatory reports to SCI, donors and government regulatory agencies reports.
• Assist in the design of financial management systems and trainings of communities on project management.
• Review scope of work for external auditors and manage with Finance Monitoring team to ensure smoothly external audit process, timely responding to auditors’ queries.
• Manage finance monitoring team so as to ensure finance visit to partners and sub-offices occurring as planned and with good quality;
• Ensure SCI to be compliant with all financial auditing requirements including appropriate follow up and follow through of audit recommendations from the internal/external audit report;
• Ensure SCI to be compliant with Government legal requirements with regard to tax issue, Staff Social Unemployment and Health Insurance calculation and payment;
• Ensure SCI to comply with Government financial reporting requirements applied to INGO;
3) Partnership Management
• Enhance the partner capacity building in terms of financial management;
• Conduct fraud raising awareness at partners;
• Ensure partner finance visits are implemented on periodical basis so as to enhance the sound financial management at partners;
• Work out to solve financial problems arising at partners.
4) Personnel Management and Staff Development
• Manage finance staff including recruitment; performance review and career development.
• In consultation with the Director of Finance and IT, assign appropriate tasks to each finance staff and re-allocate tasks including backstopping function when necessary to ensure the equitable responsibility among team.
• Take part in the recruitment of Project/Programme Manager.
• Coordinate the finance staffs to ensure that they support each other when there is urgency that require the collective efforts from team.
• Provide capacity building for staff and partners including training and development of financial skills for both finance and non-finance staff as well as managing capacity of Finance Team to ensure sufficient support provided to Program Teams and partners.
• Contact with Regional; Head Office finance functions.
• Participate in forum, meetings on financial management within and outside SCI.
• Communicate with partners with regard to guidance, induction and awareness raising;
• Prepare ad hoc reports for SMT and Regional Offices as required.
• Ensure effective communications and coordination between Finance and Program Teams as well as between Hanoi Office and Sub-Offices;
• Contributes to the wider achievement of goals for children under the overall context of Save the Children in the Vietnam by participating in planning and coordination meetings as requested and when necessary;
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
• holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
• holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
• sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
• widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
• future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
• builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
• values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
• approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
• develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
• willing to take disciplined risks.
• honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
Yêu Cầu Công Việc
• Bachelor degree or higher in finance management;
• 7-10 years management experience in a corporate or an NGO environment, of which three at a management level within the finance department of a national or international organization.
• Excellent experience of budgeting and budget management
• Good understanding of financial systems and procedures
• Strong business acumen and the ability to contribute to strategic decisions
• Experience of general administration work
• Ability to build a small, proactive team, motivating staff and working collaboratively with colleagues and providing support and advice as necessary
• Willingness and ability to dramatically change work practices and hours, and work with incoming surge teams, in the event of emergencies
• A full appreciation of the value of co-operation, both internationally and within a team environment
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
• Good analytical skills – the ability to analyse complex financial data and design and produce effective management information;
• Good excel skills;
• Written and verbal fluency in English;
• Time management skills and ability to manage a complex and diverse workload and to work to tight deadlines.
• Good presentation skills.
• Advanced computer and IT skills
Additional job responsibilities
• The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education, and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize children’s rights and ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
• No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
• All children learn from quality basic education and that,
• Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document and use format. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at:
Closing Date: 02 Jan 2023
If you have any issues with applying via our system, please send an email explaining your troubles to us.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties by our global anti-harassment policy.