Các Phúc Lợi Dành Cho Bạn
Mô Tả Công Việc
We are seeking to appoint a suitably qualified teacher who is capable of teaching Vietnamese to primary and secondary students.
1. Teaching and Learning
● Deliver high quality lessons, tailored to our students to ensure the highest possible levels of achievement
● Establishing high and appropriate expectations for learning, motivation and presentation of work
● Differentiate class work as necessary to meet the differing ability needs of all children
● Acknowledge that English is not necessarily the native language of all children in the class and adapt his/her lessons and vocabulary accordingly
● Ensure that all work is marked meaningfully, promptly and clearly and that corrections are undertaken where necessary
● Ensure homework is given appropriately where and when necessary
● Be prepared to be visited and observed by colleagues
● Contribute to departmental activity beyond the curriculum
● Prepare appropriately for the short, medium and long term
● Plan lessons in accordance with relevant schemes of work and examination syllabi to ensure all required content is covered
● Collaborate with other teachers in planning to ensure continuity and progression
● Participate in the development and review of the curriculum in collaboration with the line managers
● Contribute to the development, evaluation and monitoring of policies, syllabuses and schemes of work
● Liaising with the Student Support Team with regard to individual students who may have exceptional needs, to ensure that those needs are understood, planned for and met
● Developing cross-curricular links and providing opportunities for students to develop and apply their knowledge and skills
● Provide constructive oral and written feedback to students with clear targets
● Formally report on each child’s progress at the end of each term
● Continuously assess each student so as to be able to clearly justify and substantiate grades, levels or comments given in each report
● Keep clear records of any levels, grades or marks obtained by each child in classroom tests/assessments
● Ensure that the homework diary is kept correctly and is up to date where appropriate
● Be prepared to discuss report grades and each child’s progress with parents both on Parents’ Evenings and at other reasonable times throughout the year
● Set and mark homework in accordance with school policy
4. Classroom Management
● Ensure that the classroom atmosphere is conducive to learning
● Provide an environment in which the children feel safe, confident and happy to learn
● Have displays that stimulate learning
● Serve as a role model to the children in terms of behaviour, dress, attitude and manners
● Actively support and adhere to the Child Protection Policy, including attending annual training
● Support the school’s CCA programme by drawing on own skills and interests and actively looking for ways to share these with students
● Be prepared to take on a pastoral role in the school in the form of a Form Tutor, and fulfilling the responsibilities of that position
● Attending and contributing to meetings of a professional nature as and when required
● Contributing to the strengthening of the parent-teacher partnership in individual and whole school initiatives as and when required
● Be available to attend and participate in extracurricular events in the school calendar such as Parents’ Evenings, concerts, etc
● Participate in the development and review of school policies where necessary
● Be familiar with the Handbook for Families, with Staff Supplement
● Actively supporting the ethos of the school
● Making a positive contribution to the development of the school
● Uphold high standards of preparation, teaching and discipline
Specific Vietnamese Teacher Responsibilities:
● To teach Vietnamese using the English medium.
● To teach Vietnamese to first and second language learners.
● To teach children from Early Years to Secondary.
● To learn and grow with the school.
● Be able to adapt to an international school culture of learning.
● Be able to work with expat teachers and integrate Vietnamese into the curriculum
● To facilitate effective learning both inside and outside the classroom in order to develop students’ ability to function in Vietnamese.
Yêu Cầu Công Việc
● Have teaching experience, preferably in an international school, or similar.
● Have good command of English and Vietnamese (spoken and written).
● Make a positive contribution to the development of the School.
Minimum Work Experience:
● Minimum 3 years of professional experience required.
● Previous experience of working in an international school is desired yet not essential.
● Experience of working effectively with people from diverse backgrounds.
Minimum Academic/Professional Qualifications:
● Graduate degree or above Vietnamese, Education or Literature and/or Pedagogy Certificate.