What We Can Offer
Nord Anglia Education is the world’s leading premium international schools organisation. Our 56 international schools are located in China, Europe, Middle East, Southeast Asia and the Americas. Together, they educate more than 51,000 students from kindergarten through to the end of secondary education. We are driven by one unifying philosophy: we are ambitious for our students, our people and our family of schools
Our schools educate students from pre-school to the end of secondary education. Curricula taught in our schools include the English National Curriculum, International Baccalaureate, American Curriculum, Swiss Curriculum, French Curriculum and Shanghai National Curriculum.
We have a global community of over 10,000 teachers and staff, working in 56 schools located in 27 countries around the world supporting our students’ learning. Together, we educate over 51,000 students globally from the ages of 2 to 18 years old.
Our schools are amongst the most respected premium schools in their markets and are a very popular choice for parents.
Currently, we are looking for a candidate for the position of Vietnamese Teacher Trainee as details below:
1. Engagement and Interaction - School Ambassador to Internal Community:
• Promote the values of our Aide Memoire in word and action;
• Be the first point of contact for both parents and students, and to provide pastoral care for students;
• Maintain a purposeful and safe learning environment for all students;
• Promote the general progress and wellbeing of individual students and of classes assigned;
• Contribute to the preparation of action plans and other support mechanisms;
• Alert appropriate staff to problems experienced by students and make recommendations as to how these may be resolved;
• Communicate effectively with parents of students, liaising with other staff as appropriate.
• Communicate and make use of assessment and achievement information/data as required for tracking and reporting purposes;
• Contacting parents on academic or social matters, including follow up on reports, parents’ meetings etc.;
• Be involved in the organisation and delivery of secondary events, festivals, House events, assemblies, and Parent Teacher Group (PTG) committees;
• Offer exciting Co-Curricular opportunities that meet the needs of students, actively engaging with Global Campus to encourage collaboration across the Nord Anglia family of schools;
• Supervise students on a duty rota;
• Be responsible for personal health and safety, and know how to report H&S concerns;
• Understand staff and department handbooks as well as all policy and guidance documents.
2. Learning and Teaching:
Vietnamese Teacher Trainees will offer learning opportunities and teaching strategies that:
• ensure the BIS Learning Skills are systematically developed, practised and applied;
• meet the requirements of the BIS Age Related Expectations (ARE), IGCSE specifications and the IB Diploma Programme;
• provide opportunities for both collaborative and independent learning;
• include sufficient opportunities to enable students to develop, consolidate and extend their knowledge, skills and
• understanding beyond the classroom e.g. through homework and Co-Curricular provision, including Global Campus activities;
• demonstrate high expectations of learning behaviour and conduct;
• meet the needs of the full range of our learners, including those with EAL and learning support needs.
• use a wide range of formative and summative assessment techniques to evaluate student learning;
• provide students with high quality, timely feedback that enables them to know where they are and what they need to do to improve;
• meet the requirements set by DOET for students with Vietnamese passports, as communicated by the HoD.
3. Planning and Preparation:
• Plan and teach well-structured and engaging lessons and programmes that stretch and challenge students, encouraging them to be ambitious;
• Prepare for learning that is underpinned by evidence-based pedagogy, and a good knowledge and understanding of how students learn;
• Work collaboratively with other teachers and teaching assistants to support high quality learning.
5. Teacher Standards, with support from HoD and the SSLT.
6. Any other reasonable task assigned by the Principal or Head of Campus.
• A good degree from a recognized University, specializing in Vietnamese Literature and Language;
• Fluent English and Vietnamese (writing and speaking);
• A commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all pupils. And the willingness to undertake appropriate child protection training when required.
*Working from September 1 to December 15th
*Deadline to submit CV: May 31st 2021