Các Phúc Lợi Dành Cho Bạn
Mô Tả Công Việc
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
The Audit function is an independent internal audit team that provides objective assurance and consulting to improve and add value to the Group’s operations. We help the Group achieve its strategic objectives by adopting a systematic and disciplined approach towards evaluating and improving the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes.
The successful candidate will be part of the Internal Audit team that is responsible for helping the Bank to accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate the adequacy of internal financial controls, operational and compliance controls, and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes.
Apart from focusing on audit planning and perform risk profiling of assigned entities and all aspects of assessments in accordance with Internal Audit standards, regulatory requirements and statutes, and best practices to identify emerging risks and industry issues and assess their implications for the audit entity, the candidate is encouraged to explore and develop analytics approach of the Internal Audit.
This role requires initiative to identify and pursue tasks to achieve the overall objectives. It also requires much persistence and persuasion getting the many different stakeholders on board supporting the mission. Diplomacy and professionalism are key attributes in breaking down barriers. Candidate with experience in internal audit of foreign banks especially audit of Retail Banking would be preferred.
• Plan and perform Risk Profiling of audit entities and all aspects of assessments in accordance with Internal Audit standards, regulatory requirements and statutes, and best practices.
• Identify emerging risks and industry issues and assess their implications for the audit entity.
• Work closely with various business/support entities to plan, execute and manage integrated audit engagements.
• Contribute to the development and enhancement of the internal audit methodology, policy, procedures.
• Lead the team to conduct audits in accordance with the annual audit plan including ad-hoc review that may be requested by the CEO, Members Council or BOC from time-to-time.
• Use technology and data analytics to appropriately improve audit work processes and quality.
• Evaluate materiality of issues and related root causes, and assess the effectiveness of controls and determine the potential impact of any control failure and the corrective actions required.
• Recommend practical, business focused solution to improve risk management practices and internal controls to relevant Management at the conclusion of each audit project.
• Monitor and review for quality and timeliness of audit work, including report writing.
• Prepare reporting to internal and external stakeholders, including BU Heads, State Bank of Vietnam, Members’ Council, Board of Controllers and UOB Group Audit.
• Track and escalate, where appropriate, significant issues and audit findings that remain unresolved.
• Ensure all the audits are conducted in line with audit methodology and procedures.
• Support career development program of Internal Audit staff.
• Organise training for Internal Audit staff, including development of training materials and conduct of internal training.
Yêu Cầu Công Việc
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Banking/Auditing or equivalent. Related certifications (CPA, ACCA, CIA or similar) would be preferred.
• Has in-depth knowledge of the banking operations and products, and regulatory requirements and their business implications, proficient in risk and control analysis and audit concepts for banking.
• Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills with good verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong customer focus and stakeholder management skills.
• Good communication, presentation and negotiation skills.
• Strong leadership skills, able to successfully coordinate and work well among team members and inspire others to take initiative and use intuitive thinking.
• Able to work well under pressure to meet tight deadlines and cope with change and diversity in a fast-paced environment.
• Fluency in English written and oral.
• 05 to 10 years working experience in internal audit or risk roles of foreign banks with sound knowledge of risk management practises of financial institutions’ treasury and credit lending activities for wholesale and retail banking, including product knowledge for wealth management business.
• Knowledge of data analytics and familiarity with tools utilized to query, transform or present data such as Excel, ACL, Qlik View, Tableau etc is advantageous.
*We will review carefully your application and be in touch if your profile is shortlisted.