What We Can Offer
The Web & Graphics Designer (W&GD) is based in HCMC, Vietnam, and reports directly to the Communications Manager (CM). The W&GD is responsible for overseeing all visual and design elements are consistent with branding guidelines across all program countries and for the AIPF’s global channels. The responsibilities listed below are inclusive, but not exhaustive, of the role.
Appraisals: This role will be appraised by the Communications Manager.
● Manage design requests from departments and communicate timelines
● Develop communications materials including flyers, brochures, presentations, greeting cards, annual report, infographics, charts, logos, etc.
● Coordinate with other departments to retrieve necessary information to complete design requests
● Resolve design conflicts and provide solutions should they arise
● Ensure designs are consistent with branding guidelines and donor communications and design guidelines
● Research and provide recommendations for visual aspects of projects, proposals, and campaigns, where applicable
● Develop a library of icons, presentation templates, charts and infographics for organizational use
● Support with research and development of visual aspects of website including UI, UX
● Regularly monitor website to update visual aspects including photos, charts, infographics, where needed
● Regularly monitor website to update ensure visual aspects of website are compliant with branding guidelines
● Research and make recommendations to implement in AIPF social media strategy
● Support implementation of social media strategy by designing social media posts including images, infographics, and videos
● Regularly monitor visual elements of social media channels’ are consistent with branding guidelines
● Support with posting when other department members are on leave
● Research and make recommendations to improve visual elements of newsletter to improve open rate and click-through rate
● Coordinate with Operations Officer to update contacts for mass mailings
● Design and distribute monthly newsletter
Campaigns and special projects:
● Research and make recommendations regarding any visual or design elements of campaigns or projects
● Lead any design efforts related to campaigns and special projects
● Provide feedback and recommendations regarding design systems and processes to improve workflow within department and between departments
● Provide feedback and recommendations on programs or applications that may improve efficiency in design
● Support with research on trends and make recommendations to visual aspects of AIPF communications strategy including branding, website, social media, newsletter, campaigns, and special projects
Ad hoc requests:
● Support or lead design requests
• University degree
• Excellent written and verbal English
• Two years experience in graphic design, web design and web coding (University degree in these fields will suffice)
• Extensive knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Corel Draw, Flash design
• The W&GD creates and develops front-end web design for HTML newsletters
• Photo editing and video production; create, edit, and produce short videos for use on social media
• Ability to prioritize whilst managing expectations
• Good communication skills
• Problem solver
• A dynamic and professional individual with initiative
• Honest and trustworthy
Contact and Deadline:
• The position will be hired locally.
• Applications are due 30th September 2021. However, please note that applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and interviews may be conducted before the closing date.
• Please submit a one-page cover letter, maximum three-page CV, and three references with current email address and telephone number.
• We will inform you before contacting your references. All applications will be carefully vetted, including working history and background checks.