What We Can Offer
World Vision is a Christian relief and development organization working to create lasting change in the lives of children, families and communities living in poverty. World Vision serves all people regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender. As a child-focused organization, WV’s work focuses on children, ensuring they are protected and their basic needs are met. WVV has been funded from 14 support countries in Europe, Asia, the Americas and Australia. Funding of WVV consists of sponsorship program funding (70%) and PNS/grants (30%). WVV employs about 430 staff, of which 99% are Vietnamese nationals.
Currently, World Vision Vietnam is operating in 5 zones: North 1 (Hoa Binh and Dien Bien), North 2 (Yen Bai – Tuyen Quang), North 3 (Thanh Hoa, Hai Phong), Centre (Quang Tri, Quang Nam – Danang) and South (Quang Ngai, Binh Thuan, Ho Chi Minh, DakNong). WVV’s AP usually focuses within one administrative district of a province which populated by ethnic minority people with high rates of poverty. A uniqueness of WVV’s Development Program Approach (DPA) is that AP team members are based at district level where the AP is located, which enables them to work closely with government partners and communities on a daily basis. Beside the APs, WVV is also implementing different Special and Grant Projects to meet the specific needs of vulnerable children in both AP and non-AP areas.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The position supports WV Vietnam to maintain high standards of financial stewardship and assist the AP or Project Manager in maintaining the books of accounts and other financial records of the AP or Project & adhering to the financial standards of World Vision financial system to ensure accountability
1. Financial Policy Compliance:
- Administrative financial services are provided to the project to ensure high level of compliance, quality, accuracy and consistency of work in project implementation.
- Consistent service delivery is ensured by collaborating and working closely with all of the team members of the AP or Project.
- All the day to day operational procedures in planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, closure, audit, etc. are conducted in timely manner and in line with WV Policy and Procedure as well as Field Financial Manual (FFM).
- The AP or Project staff is provided the necessary account analysis codes and assistance to correctly filled in and prepare cash advance, EER, payment request.
- The project team is assisted in verifying quotations, procurement, service supply contracts for project- related activity.
- Adequacy and correctness of the supporting documents ensured for payments and/or voucher preparation (using Voucher Interface) to ensure consistency with WV’s Policy and donor requirements.
- The financial transactions are monitored regularly to maintain project financial account in place and in order.
- The suppliers of the quotes/bids submitted for major purchases are randomly selected to verify the existence, nature of business (whether it’s related to the goods or services being asked to quote or bid), relationship of the supplier with the staff of the project and reasonability of amount quoted.
- The quality of the goods and services delivered to the beneficiaries is verified by conducting random visit to the project sites.
- Knowledge and skills of the staff and partner on relevant WV accounting policies and procedures are upgraded.
- Assistance to other projects and APs are provided when necessary and required by participation in cross-review; assisting cross-audit and assisting in training the new project finance staff (bookkeeper or FO).
2. Budget Management and Financial Reports:
- The AP or Project Manager is assisted in planning and developing project budget in line with the AP’s Plan of Action and log frame.
- The financial reports cover memo are timely prepared with variance explanations (quarterly), Advances & Payables Aging Analysis (IA264 & IA269), the asset register is updated, the bank reconciliation performed monthly. All these reports are posted onto FFR Database on quarterly basis.
- The SunSystem generated financial reports are checked and verified for any non-project related expenses, discrepancies and irregularities from the project finance manual.
- The Manager is updated on the project spending status and pattern to avoid risks of ineffectiveness and material overspending or under-spending of the project budget.
- A systematic filing system of key documents is established and maintained (in hard copy and soft copy) and in line with audit requirements.
- All financial and other records required for audit purposes are maintained, and assistance provided in regular auditing of the AP or Project.
Implementing all necessary procedures relating to administration and settlements for NO and Cluster staff in Ho Chi Minh city office
* Knowledge & Skills:
- Conceptual understanding of and commitment to development work, especially Christian, child-focused, community-based development concepts, approaches and processes;
- Coordination skills, including organisation and mobilisation of communities and networking/coordination among different local partners;
- Demonstrated training and facilitation skills;
- Good time management and organizational skills;
- Good interpersonal and communications skills;
- Fair English, especially report writing skills;
- Good computer skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and email;
- Experience in community development or with NGO.
- Experience in capacity building for local stakeholders/partners.
- Experience in accounting and finance.