What We Can Offer
World Vision is a Christian relief and development organization working to create lasting change in the lives of children, families and communities living in poverty. World Vision serves all people regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender. As a child-focused organization, WV’s work focuses on children, ensuring they are protected and their basic needs are met. WVV has funding from 12 support countries in Europe, Asia, the Americas and Australia. Funding of WVV consists of sponsorship program funding (70%) and PNS/grants (30%). WVV employs about 420 staff, of which more than 99% are Vietnamese nationals.
The strategic focuses of WVV include: (i) children protection from all forms of abuse, exploitation, violence and injury; (ii) reduction of malnutrition rate of children under 5 through integrated approach; (iii) sustainable livelihood for poor households to support sustainable well-being of children.
Currently, World Vision Vietnam is implementing 36 Area Programmes (APs) which operate in 14 provinces Beside the APs, WVV is also implementing PNS/Grant Projects to meet the specific needs of vulnerable children in both AP and non-AP areas.
“Increase students’ performance at Lac Sy school” is a PNS funded by World Vision Korea. The project aims at increasing students’ learning performance in Lac Sy primary and secondary school through enhancing the accessibility to good learning environment. The project is designed with period from May 2022 to February 2023 with the following outcome and outputs:
Outcome 1: Improved students’ accessibility to good learning environment
Output 1.1: Improved accessibility to books of children
Output 1.2: Improved accessibility to functional rooms for studying informatics and English.
Output 1.3: Increased WASH knowledge and accessibility to hygiene sanitation in Sao Vot branch.
Output 1.4: Strengthened monitoring and support capacity of partners for continued the project interventions
The project activities will be implemented under the management of Yen Thuy AP Manager who provides overall support to the Project Assistant with technical support from Technical Program Officer on Child Protection and Nutrition.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
- To provide assistance to Yen Thuy AP Manager, working with related partners in managing the project in accordance with approved project design, expected goal, outcome and outputs with a view to the ownership of local communities and government when the project ends.
- Assist AP Manager to work with technical consultation from the Zonal Child Protection Officer, Nutrition Officer to develop detailed plans of the project activities and ensure the active engagement of local partners, mobilize local resources in delivering the results.
2. IMPLEMENTATION, MONITORING AND REPORTING
- Assist AP Manager in implementing the project activities as planned in accordance with WV financial manual and all related policy including rural infrastructure manual (RIM) requirement for construction activities.
- Assist AP Manager in building capacity for related partners, school teachers in utilizing the improved the facilities, maintaining well the supported libraries, functional rooms, classes’ facilities, retraining for students in knowledge and skill delivered by the project.
- Assist AP Manager to work with related partners in maintaining and sustaining the project interventions even after the project end.
- Assist AP Manager to participate in regular reflection meetings with participation of communities including Project Management Boards (PMB), schools, children’s parents and other related stakeholders when applicable for improvement in planning and implementation.
- Assist AP Manager to monitor project activities at the field level to ensure the project goal and outcomes are achieved.
- Assist AP Manager to prepare Monthly, Midterm and final report, activity reporting required by donor and support office as per deadlines.
- Assist AP Manager to file related documents including agreements with Donor, partners properly for audit purpose.
- Assist AP Manager to follow strictly WVV and Donor finance procedures and guidelines. Ensure appropriate expenditures/utilization, transparency and integrity of all expenses.
- Assist AP Manager to work with related stakeholders in conducting project baseline survey, final evaluation, output monitoring.
- Assist AP Manager in coordinating the donor visit, external audit as planned.
3. RELATIONSHIP AND COLLABORATION
- Assist AP Manager to build and nurture effective partnership with relevant agencies (District officers, commune officials, school management board and volunteers).
- Assist AP Manager to collaborate with technical programme officer, AP Development Facilitators to ensure good integration of the project with child protection, WASH intervention.
4. CAPACITY BUILDING AND DOCUMENTATION
- Assistance is provided to capacity building for local and government counterparts who will carry out project activities at grassroots levels through coaching after training.
- Assist AP Manager to document well project intervention, good practices, lessons learnt and Most Significant Change stories, etc.. for external audit purpose and sharing.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent certificate of social work, community development, education or related fields.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Community mobilisation skills, including networking/coordination among different local partners;
- Demonstrated training and group facilitation skills;
- Good time management and organizational skills;
- Good interpersonal and communications skills;
- Good English, especially report writing and reading skills; documents’ translation;
- Good computer skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and email;
- Good knowledge in media engagement and public engagement.
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in INGO-funded project planning and implementation.