Các Phúc Lợi Dành Cho Bạn
Mô Tả Công Việc
The strategic focuses of WVV include: children protection from all forms of abuse, exploitation, violence and injury reduction of malnutrition rate of children under 5 through integrated approach;; sustainable livelihood for poor households to support sustainable well-being of children.
Currently, World Vision Vietnam is implementing 37 Area Programmes (APs) which operate in 5 zones: North 1 (Hoa Binh - Dien Bien), North 2 (Yen Bai – Tuyen Quang), North 3 (Thanh Hoa - Hung Yen - Hai Phong), Central (Quang Tri - Quang Nam – Danang) and South (Quang Ngai - Binh Thuan – DakNong - Ho Chi Minh). WVV’s APs work with government partners and communities on a daily basis. Beside the APs, WVV is also implementing Grant Projects to meet the specific needs of vulnerable children in both AP and non-AP areas.
The Water project is funded by Made through WV France. The project aims to increase communities’ access to safe water among three communes of Yen Binh district, Yen Bai province through setting up a water supply system, in integration with enhancing knowledge and practice of target people on water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH), including Household Water Treatment and Storage (HWTS). The increased access to and use of affordable and improved water is expected to improve health status of local people through reduction of water-borne diseases and improved quality of life of adults and children accordingly.
The Project Assistant will base in Yen Binh Area Programme, who is in charge of the management of the project (assessment & planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and closure), and community engagement during the implementation process of the project.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
- To support World Vision Vietnam to improve the children nutrition and the local people‘s health status through improving awareness on water and sanitation and increasing access, availability, and utilization of clean water and sanitation in 3 target communes. To serve as a catalyst, partnership broker, and builder of the capacity of local partners in term of WASH..
- To assist the AP Manager in designing, planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluation of project activities to achieve stipulated objectives, to transfer the ownership of the project’s development to the community when the project end.
ROLE DIMENSION / DESCRIPTION End Results Expected Time Spent
Designing and Planning:
- Effective assistance is provided to the AP Manager to mobilize the participation communities and counterparts in designing Water project’s strategies to ensure an effective intervention toward the target population as well as to provide the capacity building toward the counterpart and community on WASH.
- The real needs of the community in term of Water and Sanitation, especially the needs of disadvantaged people and children, are identified in the annual POA development. 10%
Project Activities Implementation, Monitoring and Reporting
- Conduct workshops with the beneficiaries and relevant authorities to introduce and discuss the project contents with the support from AP Manager.
- Set up community based management unit of water system with the support from AP Manager.
- Provide training on water system management and operation for community based management unit and related stakeholders with the support from AP Manager.
- Support AP Manager to open bidding, select and sign contract with water construction contractor in align with WVIV’s Rural Infrastructure Manual (RIM).
- Support AP Manager to implement the construction of water supply scheme (by water work construction contractor), and install water pipe to and water meter at households.
- Support AP Manager to frequently supervise and monitor the construction of water supply system in coordination with the consulting company and local people’s supervision team to track the progress and ensure quality.
- Support AP Manager to conduct handing over ceremony the water supply system to community
- Conduct the training on behaviour change communication of WASH & environment protection and Household Water Treatment and Storage (HWTS) model for related local partners with the support from AP Manager.
- Provide communication sessions on hygiene and sanitation knowledge and practice instruction through village meetings and home visits using Household water treatment and storage (HWTS) model with the support from AP Manager.
- Support AP Manager to conduct regular reflection meetings with relevant partners and local people.
- Monthly, quarterly and annual project reports on the project progress information are well prepared to submit to the AP Manager in a timely manner.
- Planning sessions in the development of long-term program strategies are carried out to government counterparts and community to ensure the sustainability of the project.
- The transparency and integrity of all expenses are ensured.
- Conduct the pre- and post-tests of water quality to have the comparison of the water quality before and after the construction of water supply station respectively with the support from AP Manager.
Support local partners to develop a sustainable maintenance plan to ensure that water supply system is maintained. 60%
Relationship and Collaboration:
- Effective partnership with relevant agencies (sectoral district officers, commune officials, members of VDBs, DPMB/CPMB, volunteers) is built and nurtured.
- Good collaboration with other AP staff to ensure good integration of WASH project with nutrition intervention and other AP activities are demonstrated.
- Good cooperation with relevant technical programme officer/manager is maintained to ensure the sufficient technical inputs for project implementation. 20%
Survey, Research and Documentation:
- Contribution is made to project baseline survey, survey reports including presentation of survey results to government counterparts and the community to track on the project progress.
- Effective assistance is provided in developing research, designing data collection tools, implementing research in the field, analyzing data, and presenting findings to relevant audiences to ensure that the project has correct inputs for intervention strategy designing and to contribute to the audience’s experience/ knowledge on the issues found and rose up by research work of the project.
- Conduct field studies/researches to get lessons learnt on the project with the support from AP Manager.
Yêu Cầu Công Việc
(The following knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job training.)
- Bachelor degree
- Bachelor or equipollent certificate of environment sector, water and sanitation, public health, or community development or related fields
Knowledge & Skills:
- Conceptual understanding of and commitment to development work, especially Christian, child-focused, community-based development concepts, approaches and processes;
- Community mobilization skills, including networking/coordination among different local partners;
- Demonstrated training and group facilitation skills;
- Good time management and organizational skills;
- Good interpersonal and communications skills;
- Fair English, especially report writing and reading skills;
- Good computer skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and email;
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in INGO-funded project planning and implementation is Preferred
- Work in a team environment; based in Yen Binh AP, Yen Binh district, Yen Bai province
- 60% of time is required for field visits