Các Phúc Lợi Dành Cho Bạn
Mô Tả Công Việc
World Vision is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organization working to improve the quality of life of people, especially children who are marginalized and living in poverty. World Vision helps all who are in need, regardless of their religion, race, ethnicity or gender. As a child-focused organization, WV’s work focuses on children, ensuring they are protected and their basic needs are met. World Vision Vietnam (WVV) has been funded from 13 support countries in Europe, Asia, the Americas and Australia. Funding of WVV consists of sponsorship program funding (70%) and Private Non-Sponsorship (PNS)/grants (30%). WVV employs about 430 staff, of which 93% are Vietnamese nationals.
WVV is operating in 4 zones: North 1 (Hoa Binh, Dien Bien), North 2 (Yen Bai, Tuyen Quang, Hai Phong), Central (Thanh Hoa, Quang Tri and Da Nang) and South (Quang Nam, Quang Ngai, Binh Thuan, Ho Chi Minh, DakNong). WVV’s Area Program (AP) usually focuses within one administrative district of a province which populated by ethnic minority people with high rates of poverty. A uniqueness of WVV’s Development Program Approach (DPA) is that AP team members are based at district level where the AP is located, which enables them to work closely with government partners and communities on a daily basis. Beside the APs, WVV is also implementing different Special and Grant Projects to meet the specific needs of vulnerable children in both AP and non-AP areas.
Finance is a support function of WVV with the main responsibilities of maintaining and strengthening the accountability and stewardship over the financial resources being entrusted to the organization.
In addition to the requirement of professional and educational background, staff working for the Finance function are required to possess a strong characteristic of honesty and integrity, as well as the ability to arrange and work under high pressure to meet very strict deadlines of financial reports submission.
By working closely with the AP/Project staff and other support staff, Finance function assists the WVV Management in achieving the office objectives by provision of improved financial management, better compliance, better controls and procedures.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The position supports WVV to maintain high standards of financial stewardship not only at the National Office but also at the APs/Projects.
The position assists the Senior Finance Manager to ensure financial records comply with WV Financial Policies and Procedures, by assisting with the preparation of accounting reports and statements, reconciling accounts, processing and reviewing journal entries and vouchers, processing National Staff monthly payroll and providing support to achieve all Finance Department and audit requirements.
1. FIELD OFFICE ACCOUNTING FUNCTION (30%)
• Receive, verify and import voucher interface from Hanoi and APs on Sunsystems ensuring transactions are consistency and accuracy with WV standard chart of accounts and analysis codes
• Review for accuracy and import NO, Project’s budget and budget revisions on Sun systems
• CAL allocation is done on monthly basis in compliance with Finance Manual
• Prepare Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Trial Balance along with monthly account closing schedules and annexes
• Supporting schedules and financial reports are prepared accurately and timely in cooperation with the Finance Department on 10th of each month
• Maintain accounting systems and data, and present financial data for both internal managerial purposes and external reporting requirements
• Ensure Fiscal Year End is closed as per GC Closing Instructions and deadlines
• Track all outstanding advances and payables (more than 30 days) and remind to the relevant staff or Finance Officer in a timely manner
• Plan, coordinate and complete NO budget within WV standards and deadlines
• Liaise with AP Managers, Zonal Managers, TPs and Operations Director on project budget preparation, issues and concerns
• Provide advice to Senior Finance Manager on Accounting and financial management, budget and fund management of projects
• Provide effective assistances to the Senior Finance Manager and Management Team through various special analysis reports such as: cash balance trend, projects spending pattern, etc. for better and more effective management of the organisation’s financial resources
• Conduct and Report on Annual Insurance survey of all Assets in AP and National Office.
2. GRANT FINANCE (15%)
• Participate in developing grant budget proposals to ensure accuracy, completeness and competitiveness
• Provide recommendation for Go/No-Go analysis and decision making for Grant/ PNS project
• Oversee grant financial management as per Grant Management Guidelines Liaison between Operations, GAM, Finance team at the National Office, Regional Grant Finance team and other concerned team to ensure well performance and implementation of Grant projects in WVV.
3. TREASURY MANAGEMENT (5%)
• Control level of cash for the office as well as each AP within approved target low
• Ensure liquidity, efficient cash and bank operations at AP as well as National Office
• Ensure seamless management and reconciliation of direct funding account.
4. FINANCIAL RISK MANAGEMENT AND CONTROL (5%)
• Provide assistance to Senior Finance Manager to minimize risk exposure within WVV and external partner’s operation
• Implement anti-corruption and fraud strategies.
5. PROJECT ACCOUNTING AND SUPPORT (20%)
• Provide training and/or accounting support to the AP staff if necessary, including site visits to projects and APs.
• Audits of projects which he/she is not directly providing financial assistance and support to are conducted periodically.
• Review project Financial reports regularly.
6. PEOPLE MANAGEMENT (15%)
• Work with PnC department to recruit and provide orientation for new staff
• Coach the supervised staff to set clear and challenging performance and development objectives in alignment with Finance department objectives, WV’s core values, mindset and behaviour
• Provide ongoing coaching, mentoring, support and feedback to ensure their high performance toward the shared goals
• Identify and address development needs of staff to ensure that they are well equipped with core and job-specific competencies to carry out quality work
• Identify and address staffing issues in a timely and professional manner in working with PnC department.
7. OTHERS (10%)
• Lead and ensure the smooth on-going implementation of finance related E-systems.
• Inputs to the annual objectives for the Finance Department.
• Train finance staff on finance related E-systems and provide other capacity building activities as appropriate
• Make appropriate and on-time revisions to the Finance Manual, Field Finance Manual of WV Vietnam in accordance with the WVI Finance manual
• Perform any other tasks that may be assigned by the supervisor from time to time
• Take responsibility for personal security, accurately identify and assess the dangers and respond in the most appropriate way; take all good faith efforts to keep other WVV staff and property secure with guidance and instruction as being trained by WVV
Yêu Cầu Công Việc
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in finance and accounting, preferably with international humanitarian organizations
• Experience of treasury activities, establishment and monitoring of budgets and an understanding of data processing concepts and systems
• Experience in bank reconciliation, journal preparation, general ledger, financial statements and government tax requirements.
2. Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accounting/Auditing required
• MBA in Finance, MSC in Finance/Accounting/Auditing preferred
• ACCA, CIMA, CPA or equivalent preferred.
3. Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
• Knowledge of accounting theory and financial statements and government tax requirements
• In-depth working knowledge of computerized accounting systems, especially SunSystems, PMQ&A. Must be computer literate in Microsoft Office software, especially MS Excel
• In-depth working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and the WVI Field Financial Manual
• Experience in community development or within WV
• Experience in Grant management
• Knowledge of WV operations and programming requirements
• Ability to review departmental performance against industry standards and benchmarks
• Good interpersonal and communications skills
• People management skills including coaching, mentoring, performance management
• Willingness to support, articulate and demonstrate World Vision’s core values in meaningful ways to colleagues, partners, donors, children and communities.
Our contact details are:
People and Culture Department
World Vision International - Vietnam
Address: No. 444 Hoang Hoa Tham street, Tay Ho District, Hanoi.
We give equal opportunity to every candidate, regardless of religion, race and gender.
A competitive salary, benefits and career development opportunity will be offered and commensurate with the experience, qualifications and responsibilities.